cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

full storage unit and partial storage unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello all,

I have a requirement where i have to pick 110 carton of material. i have defined 100 cartons as one pallet(E1) in the material master and i have a total of 120 cartons of the particular material.

my question is if i pick the total 100 cartons as one single pallet how would the system consider the remaining 20 cartons. what would be the SUT - pallet name for the remaining 20 cartons.

Thanks,

Maxx

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have a requirement where i have to pick 110 carton of material. i have defined 100 cartons as one pallet(E1) in the material master and i have a total of 120 cartons of the particular material.

my question is if i pick the total 100 cartons as one single pallet how would the system consider the remaining 20 cartons. what would be the SUT - pallet name for the remaining 20 cartons.

I'm not sure what you are speaking about...

If you do palletization system will handle 100 pc and 20 pc as separate quants. Additonally, if you use SU management, system will allocate (create) separate SU numbers to the quants.

During palletization you can overwrite the suggestion of the system that is based on material master - so, you can put 120 on the palett.

From your question I cannot find out which process you afre doing. Could you please EXPLAIN it?

Thanks,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is about the 20 cartons that are remaining in the bin - will the remaining 20 cartons have the same storage unit type E1 after the 100 cartons are picked as a full pallet, provided the palletization data exists only for 100 cartons as E1 in the material master.

Thanks,

Maxx

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are mixing two things.

Palletization in material master is master data. It has no direct connection with the stock that is located in your bin (of course you may have used the master data in your material master when you placed the goods from interim storage type to your bin).

So, you have to concentrate only your quant(s) in the bin.

You didn't tell us whether you are using SU or not.

You didn't tell us whether you have to separate quants in the bin or only one.

Based on your message

after the 100 cartons are picked as a full pallet

it seems the 100 pcs is a full pallet. I'm not sure it is full pallet physically or in the system.

If you have two quants (Q1: 100 p; Q2: 20 pcs) --> the removal of Q1 will have no effect on the SU type of Q2

If you have one quant (Q: 120 pcs) --> the removal of 100 pcs won't have effect on the SU type of remaining quantity

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

the remaining cartons may be same sut or different one (E1,E2) , customize in material master as per your requirement.

regards

muthuraman.d

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is also E1 only. If you want it to be seperate, you have to give that SUT in second line in Material master WM2 view or corresponding material doc (while creating material doc itself)