cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adapter and CC Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

In RWB - Component Monitoring - Adapter Engine, we can see two options, Communication Channel monitoring and Adapter Monitoring. When exactly we check each ? Do they both give the same errors ? Are there any difference in the monitoring of them ? I would like to know exactly for what kind of errors do we we select the option Communication Channel monitoring and Adapter monitoring ?

Ajith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you read this help section which tells about the use of Engine Status (Adapter Engine Technical Data):

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/45/d4b62755002e97e10000000a155369/content.htm

When we use CC Monitoring:

Suppose i want to check the log of one (or many) channels but not as per the sender/ receiver service then we go for CC monitoring.....may be after you read the above help section you will come to know why we use CC / AE monitoring.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

I went through that site before posting this question. I checked this as well.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/EN/9b/f12541c3d3f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

The adapter monitor is available primarily for adapter types that do not provide runtime information to communication channel monitoring. You can only use the adapter monitor to monitor these adapters.

I didn't get that. What are the adapters that do not provide runtime information to CC Monitoring ?

The adapter is defined in the Com Channel. And we can see errors in CC Monitoring. So I was wondering why exactly do we need that. I wanted to know what exactly do we find in Adapter Monitoring that which we don't get in CC Monitoring and the log for respective Communication Channel

Thanks Rajhans, Lekshmi and Prateek

Ajith

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I didn't get that. What are the adapters that do not provide runtime information to CC Monitoring ?

What are the adapters that you cannot monitor using CC Monitoring (IDOC, HTTP.....basically those which are on ABAP stack).

The above Help statement means the same.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek

I am closing this thread !

Ajith

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Things said about CC monitoring are more or less correct. Adapter monitoring was performing the same purpose but with the latest SP levels, its recommended to use CC monitoring and there will be no Adapter monitoring further. So its advisable to use CC monitoring.

Regards,

Prateek

abhay_rajhans2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajit,

Commnuication channel monitoring is used for checking whether communication channel created in Integration Directory are working fine or not.

Adapter monitoring is used for checking status of adapter.

In communication channel we specify which adapter we are going to use.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we create CC it is base on the adapter types like File,JDBC,IDOC,JMS,Mail etc.

So adapter monitoring is used to monitor these adapters and CC monitoring is used to monitor the CC based on adapter types.There will be multiple CC based on the same adapter type which is visible under CC monitoring.

Rgds,

Lekshmi.