Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUA Role deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm supposed to delete a role from the Child systems.When I'm trying to delete role from Central sys(CUA),role is not reflecting for the user,but user has the role in Child system.

Thanks in Advance!

Regards,

Naveen

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Make sure no user is assigned the role you are trying to delete.

Then delete the role from Child system and then peform the text comparision with the CUA.

Warm Regards,

Rajesh

Edited by: Rajesh Nanda on Jan 6, 2010 12:20 PM

Edited by: Rajesh Nanda on Jan 6, 2010 12:21 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

You want to delete a role or remove it from the user's access??

0 Kudos

I have to remove the role from the user's access,It's a composite role.

0 Kudos

Hi Buddy,

If you have to remove a role from a composite role then you cannot do it from CUA. You have to remove the single role from the composite role itself through PFCG in child system itself. After doing this if you perform Text comparison in CUA then automatically the changes you have done in composite role will reflect in your CUA as well.

CUA just contains the definition of the roles which exists in the child systems. Any modification in the role has to be performed in the PFCG of child systems.

0 Kudos

I have to remove the entire composite role from the user's access but that role is not present in CUA system but it present in Child system. Now i want to remove that role from the child system

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Have you removed this composite role from the user's access through CUA resently?? It might be possible that you have removed the role from CUA and the IDOCs have not reached your child system. Please do confirm this, to analyze further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want to remove entire composite role from user's profile, then directly goto su01 and remove the role from user. Composite role will be available on child system. Either delete entire composite role from child system and do text comparsion in CUA or directly remove from su01 in CUA.

0 Kudos

Hi Mili,

Can you just check what naveen has just said? He mentioned that he do not want to delete the composite role rather he just need to remove it from the user's access. Also he is not able to see the composite role assigned to the user in CUA, so he cannot delete it from there.

Naveen,

You can re-assign the composite role and check if the Idocs are moving to your child system. If it did, then this time re-login to CUA again and now remove this composite role. It should remove it from your child system as well.

0 Kudos

Hi All

Atlast it works,It is because of IDOCS,the changes did not reflect in Child System.Thanks for your assistance on this.

Regards,

Naveen

0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

As the issue has resolved can you please mark this thread as "Answered". This is a good practise which confirms the forum rules and guidelines.

Thanks.