cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round trip clearing adobe form field values not binded to webdynpro context

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have developed a webdynpro ABAP application with Interactive form. I'm calling a webservice on 'exit event' of the one of the form fields. Once webservice is executed, Im filling a table with 300 rows which is in the form. The table fileds are binded to webservice fields from the dataview of the form , these are not webdynpro context attributes in the data view.

But when I open any seach help , this table values are disappearing. I need to execute the webservice again to get the values.

can any one tell why the values in the table are disappearing? since I have binded to the webservice fields the values should remain there.

Apprecaite your response.

Regards,

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am not sure if we talk about the same problem, because I do not use Adobe forms in WD mostly and haven´t faced this problem. But I guess there is a fix available already. Did you go through the above mentioned note? I thought this note or 1354405 helps. I cannot provide any more info about this, pardon me, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

ha.. thanks - i forget that other people do AIF in regular ABAP and have their own set of problems and capabilities - i've only ever had a chance to do them in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I looked over that note yesterday, but too quickly - i thought it was an older note explaining which standard programs to run to test out the connection etc...

but i see now that there is an important point:

-

The "pdfSource" attribute of the InteractiveForm UI element should be linked only if the Web Dynpro ABAP application requires the PDF document for further processing (saving data to the database, and so on). However, it is mostly only the data entered in the interactive form that is relevant for the application. If this attribute is linked, the Web Dynpro ABAP framework must request an updated PDF document from the Adobe document services each time data is changed in the form.

-

It looks like this is saying that a round trip is possible in WDA.

EDIT - I wish SAP would fix this certificate issue. My first post every day is doubled because of it.

Edited by: robert phelan on Jan 7, 2010 3:22 PM

Edited by: robert phelan on Jan 7, 2010 3:25 PM

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, if I remember well, there is some SAP note working on this "round trip" problems.

Check here: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/999998

Regards, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Otto,

do you have any more info on the Roundrip issue? we developed some intricate forms with the understanding that SAP wasn't going to allow roundtrip data transfers without some very creative thinking.

Is SAP going to support roundtrips natively? or would we have to use Webservice calls?