cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error after checking our webdynpro DC from DTR

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have recently upgraded our JDI to SP 16 including our development and production servers.

Now when we create a new DC of webdynpro type, everything works fine. We have also tested the simple webdynpro application on Local WAS.

Then the activities are checked in and activated properly. Now when we remove the DC from client and again create the project for the same DC, the webdynpro view and controllers are in error.

It is not been able to resolve the components, controllers and views only. Even wdThis is not resolved. We have observed that corresponding classes are available in DTR and again in the client. They are also available in the intellisense. But even after completing those imports and erroneous classes using intellisense, the errors are not removed.

Surprisingly, there are no errors in task pane as well. and we are also able to deploy the application which in general case is not possible.(i.e. deploying erronous webdynpro application)

Can you help?

Abhijeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try closing and opening the project, this sometimes eliminates "unresolved" errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Still the problem persists!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet

This might not be a problem , try performing a build and see if you get errors in the build log.

Regards

Pran

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could try to delete all generated files (gen_wdp, den_ddic) and do a rebuild.

Theo

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I think i have the workaround.

1. After checking out from the DTR go to the WebDynpro perspective

2. <b>close</b> your WebDynpro project!!!!

3. Then open your project and there are no errors!!

Regards,

Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I already gave that information in this same topic on Jun 6, 2006 9:45 AM...

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Pascal,

You're right!! I tried this yesterday, but it didn't work then. Maybe i did something wrong. I tried it today and it worked well!!

Regards,

Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have already tried all of the following:

1....closed the project after importing(even closed the NWDS04), and reopened it

2....Rebuilding the project and doing the DC-Build

3....Syncing it agian

My project contains a java-dict, ejb, ear and a dynpro component. I imported all of them in this sequence!!..

But i am still getting all the errors that have been mentioned above by Abhijeet Jangam, and more such as: classpath errors, missing mappings, error-filled views, etc!!

But let me assure you that there is no problem in the code. The project is runnig perfectly in the production environment.

Is there any Patch for WAS 6.40 for DTR???

Message was edited by:

Hanoz Tarapore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abijeet

These errors are misleading and comes up sometimes even if your project is perfect.

To verify the integrity of the project,you should perform a DC build of your project and check if you find any build errors .If no, continue with your development ,the errors should have been resolved (being able to build means you should be able to deploy).

If yes then resolve the issue that caused the build failure

Regards

Pran

maarten_duits2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also have these problems and was wondering if SAP or somebody else has a solution for it?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I create a webdynpro app using JDI. I can can build it and deploy it without any problems. i can check it in and activate it. But when I import the Webdynpro DC again i have a lot of syntax error complaining about missing classes.

Did anyone solve this problem?