cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restart Brtools from last sequence

0 Kudos

Hi,

I started brtools to recover the oracle 9i database for SAP ECC 5.0. I was in stage where datafiles were restoring from the backup. From my work station i was monitoring the progress. Last I saw 90%(500 GB) of datafiles have been restored successfully. Unfortinately my PC disconeccted from serever and was bount to close the brtools window(PUTTY). Now how i proceed for the next action.

Your kind help is required.

Regards

Wahid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

next time, run your Unix command in the background:

nohup brrestore -u / -c -d util_file -t online -xxxxxxxxx_buch__of_other_parameters &

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am afraid there is no simple resume option, but it is possible to do it in a manual fashion.

First you need to know, that brtools are starting brrestore in the background to restore the files and it is possible to start brrestore directly. Personnally i would look which files are missing and restore them directly with brrestore.

brrestore -u / -c -d util_file -t online -m 9,43-47,73

In my example the files with the id 9,43,44,45,46,47,73 will be restored. Check the brtools log from your previous restore in the sapbackup directory on how to call brrestore in your environment.

You can see the file ids in every backup log somewhere at the beginning.

Cheers Michael

Edit: mixed up brbackup and brrestore in my example, sorry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to disagree.

as far as I know -f last option of brrestore will do what is needed here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry to disagree.

No problem, we are all here to learn. This indeed looks good.

[brrestore -f/-fillup|http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/0d/d30df04a0c11d182b80000e829fbfe/frameset.htm]

Thanks, did not know this so far...