cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Good issue - table MVER

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We get an error for Goods Issue saying "Update was terminated".On debugging we found out that the goods issue updates a record in the database table MVER with the quantity ( adds the quantity to one of the 13 total consumption fields). The field can hold only a 13 digit number and our Goods issue makes it exceed the allowed 13 digits and so is throwing the error.

There is a record in this database table for the combination of each of the plants and year. So I had suggested that the Goods Issue be posted in 2010 so that a new record will be created and the quantity be added to that, without disturbing the old record for the plant(for year 2009).

Could you please tell me if there could be any other solution. I am not able to get on what criteria the particular (one of 13)

Total Consumption fields in the record is chosen. If its known I could see if we can manage to do something to add the quantity to a different field which has a lesser quantity.Any other solution is also welcome.

Thanks

Aparna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, in our case, the overflowed field was due to a 'large' unit of measure convertion factor for one material. First check, the material in question the convertion factors. If it's something like 19895KGs ->23845 Litres (for example) there is a good chance you're facing the same problem. In our case the problem appeared (as well) when during the sales order you pressed the F4 help in the UoM field.

If all these sound familiar to you go through SAP Note 1287095.

Let me know if that helped

Agis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agis,

Yes, it looks like a SAP bug. I tried to search for related SAP notes but could not find any. Please let me know in case you have the SAP note with you.

Thank you very much,

Aparna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think problem is not with MVER table,

Update was terminated means entries are not placed in database table,it usually happens when your number ranges are overlapps(overwritten),

R u resets the delivery document number ranges,if yes then it overwrites, and give such type of error.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

We faced a similar problem after a client upgraded in ECC 6. A field (not this one, i can't remember now which) could only hold 13 characters and it caused an abap error. It appeared to be a SAP bug that was solved through a SAP note. Could this be your case? Let me know to check if i can retrieve more information..