cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Progress analysis: Planned POC and BCWP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

My project objects (wbs elements and activities) are assigned with project progress measurement method Time proportional.

The project is planned for the period 12/2009 and 01/2010.

Costs planned for network activities.

Before confirmations, i have run CNE1 for the period 12/2009.

The report CNE5, shows:

POC = 100% (Aggregated and Non-aggregated)

The BCWP is 0.

I believe that,. considering the planned duration, the POC should be <100%. And accordingly the BCWP should be calculated.

But i got different results. Please correct me.

warm regards

ramSiva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, CNE5 report shows value for the current period, ie., 01/2010 even though you have run CNE1 for 12/2009. Since your planned duration spans from 12/2009 to 01/2010....the planned POC at 01/2010 is 100%....if you want to see the POC for 12/2009 then double click your WBSE, it will show periodic POC's for that particular object. there you can see values for 12/2009 and 01/2010.

For, BCWS = 0, there can be many reason for that, So you better search this forum, because there are lot of threads available on this subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ahmed.

In case of using service activities, is there any means of arriving POC based on service entries, or irrespective of service entries, we need to enter confirmations with sepcification of degree of processing.

My client uses 90% of service activities (almost outsourced).

Please suggest best method to be adaptable in this case.

warm regards

ramSiva

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For service activity, My suggestion would be:

1. If you want to consider services, then go for cost proportionality method, POC will be calculated based on planned cost(planned services)for planned POC and actual cost(i.e., Service entry/Invoice reciept) for actual POC.

2. If you dont want to consider services, then go for Time proportionaly(planned POC) and Degree of processing(acutal POC). In this case, you will have to confirm the service activity in order to get POC values irrespective of service entry sheet.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ahmed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Please note that there is a typographical error in the above.

It is BCWS and not BCWP

warm regards

ramSiva