cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping lookups u0096 RFC API

Former Member
0 Kudos

i'm a developer in XI and i read the PDF document of "Mapping lookups – RFC API" and implemented it in my system.

It works very well and i get the data in XML format and i parse it to get the data.

But I have a slight problem. when I create a RFC on my own and call it using you code i get the data in XML format,

after some time i change the RFC interface (i.e. change the name of the exporting parameter) and i run our code again i get the old XML format (the new exporting parameter name doe's not appear and the old one does).

I tried to investigate how to correct to problem and i found out that if you do a full CPA cache refresh it updates the interface and when i run your code again i get the new parameter name(Delta CPA cache refresh doesn't work).

The Basis Team here doesn't want to do the cache refresh for every change in the RFC.

Regards,

Roi Grosfeld

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

please i need a urgent reponse.

thanks for anyone who answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Roi

we are using the RFC API 2

can u give me an code example of how u parsed the xml into the value u needed ?

thx,Shai

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply,

it was very helpful.

is there any way to tell the Adapter not to use the cache and get the definition metadata every time?

Regards,

Roi Grosfeld

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

not in stnadard but why would you want to do that?

you change the RFC signetures only on the dev

so maybe it will be easier just to get access to

the VA by a few developers and this could solve your problem?

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi michal,

because every time we transport a new change to another XI system we need to do the VA.

and we don't want the developers to access the VA.

why it is not in standard?

maybe we can write an ABAP program that do what is needed?

Regards,

Roi Grosfeld

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

have a look at sap note: 730870

question:

Q 5: What's about cache memories within the RfcAdapter?

you can also restart services (from VA) instead of CPA cache

to refresh definitions in the adapter

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>