Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install GUI patch 15

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I tried to install patch level 15, I have the following error :

-

This SAP Front-End Patch cannot be applied. Either the installed components are already on the same patchlevel or the components to be patched are not yet installed at all.

SAP GUI 7.10 Patch

Patchlevel 15

-

I have closed / exited SAP GUI Frontend when running patch level 15.

My current patch level is 11.

Any idea what could have caused the error and how to rectify it?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear

Install Patch one by one. Here it is looking for pre-requisite Patch 14. Hence the problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, as stated on the SAP service Market Place under where you download patches for SAP GUI it states, "our patches are cumulative which means that you only have to install a single patch to get all corrections implemented so far". So you can install patch 6 and then jump to 11, then 15 or whatever order you want as long as you are moving UP in patch level. So you DO NOT have to install them 1 by 1.

What version of GUI are you working with? I will assume 7.10. If you say you are at patch 11 but the install of 15 is saying your already there, instead of looking at the Logon pad and clicking About to get the version, can you look at the actual version of the exe and tell me what the version is? For example, instead of using the Logon Pad to tell you, navigate to the saplogon.exe or saplgpad.exe and right click, properties, version. It should read something like - 7100.x.15.xxxx

7100 = Version number

x = Compilation

15 = Patch level

xxxx = Build number

If the patch number shows 15, then you are at patch 15. If it reads 11 and you still cannot apply the SAP GUI patch 15 with it stating you are already at 15, I would uninstall the GUI, delete the SAP folder from Program Files (Or whatever folder you installed to) and re-install the GUI. Verify patch level and then attempt to apply patch again.

Hope this helps & good luck.

Regards,

Zecher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your detailed reply.

The current version is 11 as can be seen :

Component : SAP Logon for Windows

Release : Final Release 710

File Name : saplogon.exe

File Version : 7100.3.11.1042

Build : 1016365

Patch Level : 11

Another question : how to uninstall? The documentation for 7.10 said to go to Windows Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" and remove "SAP GUI 7.10". But I'm not able to find it.

Thanks

Edited by: Sisab Nimda on Jan 7, 2010 8:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemant,

Thanks for your reply.

Michael is right. You don't need to patch incrementally. From the default patch level 1 from DVD installation, I was able to patch right up to 11 without having to do it incrementally.

Anyway, I tried to patch to 12 from 11 and still had the same error.

Regards

former_member204746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

your installation server is probably corrupted. I would re-install it from scratch and rebuild patches.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

Managed to resolve the issue. Here's how :

1) installed the app again to get the "SAP GUI 7.10" icon in Windows -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs

2) uninstall the entire app

3) install again - this time the patch level is 0 due to "fresh" installation

4) run patch 15 successfully

Thanks all for the help !

Answers (0)