cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Order Bom in Two-Step Variant Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

In Multilevel VC Order Bom Scenario. Configuration is made for the first level by sales department, then further levels are configurated by Technical Department.

If the sales document is a quotation and then we want to create de sales order with reference to the quotation, only the configuration for the first level is getting copied. All the characteristics of the lower level configurable materials appear in blank, as well as selected class items in quotation as well as manually added components.

Is there a way to copy the whole order bom of the original document or the characteristics value for every level?

Thank you

Sebastián Ligueros

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you try with the following settings?

1) In transaction code VOV7 - for the sales item cateogry, set the value B for the field structure scope. Then

2) In sales document to sales document copy control settings (t.code VTAA), select the source (Quotation) to target (sales order) documents. Then click on the item category (of the main item) on the left.Hightlight the item category and click on the details.

Then check the box, reexplode the structure/free goods and then test again.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shiva, thank you for the quick answer

I Tried your configuration in VOV7 but there is an error message that explains me that as I have configuration strategy 01 (Sales Order TAC,TAM) only the value "D" is expected in structure scope field.

Despite that I checked the box in Copy Control VTAA (it was unchecked) but the behaviour was the same. Only characteristics for the upper configurable material were copied and the other stayed blank.

Any other hint?

Best Regards, Sebastián Ligueros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I found note Note 582854 - Order BOM for referencing sales orders, it seems to say that order bom should be copied if the copy setting in configuration is set to A or B. For me it works only for copying first level material configuration.

Have any of you succeed in copying multilevel configuration when taking a previous order or quotation as reference?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any one has any hint about this? Thanks, SL

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sebastian Ligueros,

I am facing the same problem. Can you suggest me how did you manage the above issue.

Regards,

Rahul Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Basically , an order bom doesnot explode therefore you cannot configure any of the components.Please review note 303446

By changing the default value of the variable GV_FORCE_BOM_EXPLOSION_ASL in Include LCUKOFBE, you can force the explosion of the order BOM in the sales order.As a result, subordinate items of the order BOM are configured provided that these items were not fixed.I

Therefore please set this variable GV_FORCE_BOM_EXPLOSION_ASL to X and retest,

Thanks

Amber

former_member205060
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Amber,

I tried the same but still not able to copy Multi level items, when copying with reference of Quotation .Only first level is being copied. I i choose "C" then it copy all the configuration to it sub items but it is in display mode. I tried to remove the display mode but now if i am changing the value and save, it doesn't save.

Kindly provide me your valuable suggestion....

Regards,

Rahul Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian & Sachin,

I am also facing a similar problem as described in your above thread.

The only difference is my reference document is Contract.

The characteristics values of BOM Components are not getting copied

into target sales order. So need your help on the same. Did you find

any solution of this problem? Or did you put some enhancements or

exits?

Appreciate your prompt response.

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ignore this comment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ignore this comment.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sebastian,

Did you solve that issue or found anything about it? I'm looking for notes or solutions also, but couldn't find anything useful.