cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MII Migration tool for server installed in Linux

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am planning to migrate few files from xMII 11.5 to 12.0. I searched in market place to download the migration tool(service.sap.com -> SAP Support Portal -> Downloads -> SAP Installations & Upgrades -> Search for Installations and Upgrades.

Entered XMII MIGRATION TOOL in the search field) which can be used from my windows laptop. But, its not available.

I also searched for the components which can be deployed in Netweaver to obtain the migration tool(service.sap.com -> SAP Support Portal -> Downloads ->Entry by application group->Support Packages and Patches...SAP xApps...SAP XMII...SAP XMII...SAP XMII 12.0...XMII MIGRATION TOOL 1.0). But, these components are only available for Windows server.

Let me know whether this is because of authorizations/permissions of my id. Is there a place where I can download either the migration tool or the components for linux?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Migration Tool is a windows only application - so are the files from your 11.5 system for that matter

You'll need to download the tool, run either the SDM or JSPM tool of NetWeaver to extract the zip file from inside the SCA file. This zip file can then be extracted onto your laptop where the java app can run to take the desired 11.5 source files and migrate them into your 12.0 server via http.