cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select-options ALV problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello @all,

I want to make reporting in webdynpro ABAP. I have one Webdynpro component for this. For this I have see many tutorials. But in all the select-options and alv are on one view. i want to make it on two views. Has anybody an tutorial for this or an idea how i can do this easily.

On one view i have my select options implemented with one container. Now I want to make the ALV table, but i want display the alv on a other site, not under the select options.

Anybody an idea how i can do this.

Thanks and regards

Chrisp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create 2 views 'SELOP' and 'ALV'.

2. In the 'SELOP' view, insert the standard select options view provided by WDy

3. In the 'ALV' view insert the ALV table again provided as a standard component by Wdy

4. Link the 2 views by creating an outbound plug in 'SELOP' so that it navigates to 'ALV' on click of a button.

5. Before navigating, make the necessary calculations and store the data to be displayed in a Globlal context**

6. Once you navigate, in the handler class initialize the ALV.

7. Make sure you bind this global context to the ALV context.

• Global context is nothing but a context defined in the component controller and mapped to all the views.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Chaitanya_Priya
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can proceed as follows:

1.Create select options in one view and ALV table in other view.

2.since its reporting you might be having some button like SEARCH ,once the user

enters the data in the selection screen he clicks on the SEARCH button .

3.In the action handler of the SEARCH button ,get the data from based on the selection criteria

and store that value in component controller attribute.(create an attribute in comp controller level)

4.Create an outbound plug for selection screen view and inbound plug for the ALV table View .

once you get the data ,based on selection criteria, fire the outbound plug in action handler of the button.

5.now in the second view bind the ALV table with data which was stored in the component controller level.

Priya