cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock stuck in Storage type 902/920

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

In our current environment, we have implemented SAP WM.

most of the config in the system is kept standard. Currently I am facing a problem regarding which I have a couple of questions,

1) In IMG > Logistics Execution > Warehouse Management > Transfers > Define Movement Types

when a movement type is defined e.g. 502 - Cancel GR without pur.or.,

then the values populated in the fields ( Source Storage Type - Storage Bin ) & ( Destination storage type - Storage bin ) are the values where the material stock will be picked up (for source) or Placed (for destination) after the corresponding WM TO is confirmed. Is this statement correct ?

2) A business user made some inventory adjustments during cycle counting using movement types 501/502

Now in the definition of the movement type 501 - the adjustment will be posted to storage type 902 - we-zone

Thus material stock with -XYZ quantity is lying in the 902 after the WM TO was confirmed.

Now I wanted to move it to the right Storage bin, however I cannot use lt01 and move a negative stock to the destination bin.

What options do I have to move the stock from the interm storage bin to the correct destination bin ?

3) Also what is the SAP best practice for movement types like 501/311 etc ... should the Inventory be allowed to goto an Interm storage bin ? or should I leave the destination storage type & Storage bin information blank so that the adjustment reflects directly in the correct storage bin based on the search strategy setup ?

Can anyone help me as it is a Production issue

Thanks

Vin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) Yes, this statement is correct. but source/ Destination is captured in TO at the time of TO creation itself.

2) System must have created a TR at the time Material doc. creation.

Use LT04 with TR or LT06 with Material doc.

3) The Inventory should be allowed to goto an Interm storage bin.

You cannot leave the destination storage type & Storage bin information blank