Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using the action Clear is disabling the form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I'm having an issue trying to use the action "clear" that comes with 7.1 SP5

I've a form containing several drop-down boxes that controls the input of several charts.

I'm trying to clear the contents of these drop-down boxes by a new button on the form field named "clear values". This new pushbutton I assigned a standard action named "clear" applied to "self", so that all the elements of my form are cleared.

After deploying the model I realized that if I click on this new button "clear values" all the elements of the form (which includes all the entries of the drop-down boxes) are in fact cleared, but it disables the form. So after clicking the button I manage to clear all the values but I can no longer click on anything in this form, i.e., I can not use the dropdown boxes since the whole form is disabled.

Does anyone knows how to use the clear action to clear in fact the fields to its initial state but doesn't disable them? (allows further actions like it was starting up?)

Thanks,

Diogo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203343
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diogo,

This happens probably because the form's cardinality is set to 0..1. If it is, try to set it to 1..1, or add the Inert Row (INSERT) action right after the clear action is called (in the action sequence). This will cause the form to have a new row, thus making the fields enabled again.

Regards,

Natty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netanel,

I didn't quite understand the 0..1 or 1..1 cardinality situation.

The form receives the information from one query to fill an input field. This feed from this query to the form only happens once. This form is like a control panel with several drop-down boxes that controls several charts.

I tried with the option of the Insert action applied to the "self" but still continues to disabling the form.

Do you have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Diogo.

Answers (0)