cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add pre-saved text to selected Purchase Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus. I have a question.

I know that I can have a Purchasing Text saved on a specific vendor so that every time I create a Purchase Order for that particular vendor, the text will be included and printed.

What I'm looking for is a text that I can have pre-saved in the vendor, but only have it printed on certain occasions. I'd like to be able to selectively "activate" the text in the Purchase Order so that it appears in the printout, only when I need it.

It's a long text, so it wouldn't be effective to manually type it in each new Purchase Order.

Do you have a suggestion on how to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

summer_wang
Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to control what kind of the text is transfered to the Backend,please also check the BADI below:

BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI in SRM side,BBP_INBOUND_BADI in R/3 side) to transfer the vendor text and internal

notes.

i) BBP_LONGTEXT_BADI > used to map the long text field to BAPI strcture based on the copy rules (defined in the method GET_COPY_RULES)

ii)BBP_INBOUND_BADI > used to map the long text with BAPI_POTEXITEM which is available in R/3 system. RFC call to SRM is not required which would lead to performance issues

Summer Wang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies. You know, I was looking for something more fit for a business user to do. I was thinking there was a standard way for a Purchaser to include a text in a Purchase Order as it was being created.

Do you think it's possible?

robin_janke
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI for BUS2201. Here you can programmatically add text to a purchase order (ET_LONGTEXT parameter).

Regards,

Robin