cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple mappings without BPM

0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have to change an existing scenario in which I have to send message from SystemA to systemB like this.

(SystemA)SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg & ErrorMsg to MailMsg, TargetMsg(in SystemB)

in this case the error message will not go to any system it just an intermediate message which just hangs in PI 7.0 system..

I should not use BPM according the requirement and I should n't create temperory file for error message and pick it again to create the mailMsg.

Once the source message is generated it should go all the way to create mail message.

I have different existing mappings for

1. SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg

2. ErrorMsg to MailMsg

3. SoureceMsg to TagetMsg

Please guide me how to do it.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

samiullah_qureshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this requirement you do not need any BPM. You can simply achieve this by using multiple imappings(multi-stage) in interface mapping of your scenario. Where mulit-stage mapping means you have to use more than one mapping in your interface mapping. First mapping will b your source message to error message and second mapping will be your error message to target message.

At runtime, your source message will b given to first mapping and it will generate the error message and output of the first mapping (i.e. error message) will be the source message for second mapping.

In this way your error message will be only one intermediate message and will not be sent to any system.

Regards,

Sami.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Any specific buisness push for multimapping , if not i think the below design will work for you :

Use multiple receivers in the receiver determination step for Outbound interface "SourceMsg"

1. Mail

2. Target

Interface determination

1. Mail ( Interface mapping using 2 maps -- 1.SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg & 2. ErrorMsg to MailMsg )

3. Target ( Interface mapping using 1 map -- SoureceMsg to TagetMsg )

Regards,

Sunil.

0 Kudos

Thans sunil for the reply.

There is already a BPM for this, which is having perofamnce issues so we are trying to take out BPM.

As per the requirement I have to use the existing mappings to replicate the scenario.

As you said for

Mail ( Interface mapping using 2 maps -- 1.SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg & 2. ErrorMsg to MailMsg)

i have created the mappings already .

the first step SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg is working fine but the ErrorMsg to MailMsg is not working.

In the reciver determination i give souceinterface to ErrorMsginteface and its interface mapping etc

but after that the process should continue with ErrorMsginteface to Mailmag interface, thats where I got struck.

There are 3more maapings( ErrorMsg to MailMsg , Mg2, Msg3) like this in the BPM. if I can succeed with one i can proceed further with others.

Any suggetions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

If the error message is created using file adapter then may be you can try using Response one way bean in module tab of the communication channel(file adapter) to route the message to mail adapter for creating the mail from it and you need to have configuration set up for this. Please refer the below links

[File - RFC - FIle without BPM|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File%28Without%20BPM%29] for configuration required for response one way bean.

[SAP help documentation|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/45/20cc5dc2180733e10000000a155369/content.htm] for configuration of response one way bean.

Hope this will solve your purpose !!

Luck,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunil,

I think it will work if you make Source msg to Mail msg instead of error msg to mail msg. If you can control the creation of mail for your scenario then it will trigger both mappings.

Former Member
0 Kudos
the first step SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg is working fine but the ErrorMsg to MailMsg is not working.
In the reciver determination i give souceinterface to ErrorMsginteface and its interface mapping etc
but after that the process should continue with ErrorMsginteface to Mailmag interface, thats where I got struck.

Hi buddy,

1. Create an Interface Mapping/ operation mapping in IR

- Source :" SoureceMsg"

- Target : "MailMsg"

Add two mapping in this interface mapping ( SoureceMsg to ErrorMsg & ErrorMsg to MailMsg back to back..)

2. Delete the current interface determination step.

3. Create a new interface determination from - Source :" SoureceMsg" to Target : "MailMsg" and use the interface mapping created as per the step 1.

Hope its clear.