cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to open Java mapping in NWDS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have done a fresh installation of NWDS on my machine and I am trying to open a java mapping on it. The mapping is downloaded from the XI Imported Archive. There are 2 entries for this IA - IA.Class and IA.Java. I have downloaded IA.Java as .jar file on my local machine. Then I created a project on NWDS and imported the jar file on NWDS. When I tried to open the jar file, it is giving me error. Do I need to do something else before I try to open the .jar file?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

If you want to see the Java mapping in NWDS use Export Archive option to export both the class and java files as a jar file.

Now create a new project and package in NWDS.If you check in the imported Archives the class and jar file may be using a package,then you have to create the same package name in the project created in NWDS.Now import the jar file into the project.In most of the cases the Java file will be using StreamTransformation interface and so you need to import aii_map_api.jar from PI server to view the java file.

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, thanks for your reply. Can I have the required jar file from you?

former_member187339
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ethan,

You can get it from your landscape itself check this wiki page

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?spaceKey=XI&title=WheretogetthelibrariesforXI+development&decorator=printable

and this blog /people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/10/23/testing-and-debugging-java-mapping-in-developer-studio

Regards

Suraj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are developing Java mapping for PI7.0 or below version use aii_map_api.jar jar file,

PI7.1 the jar file got changed,If you want the Jar file you can download it from Service market place or if you have Pi server then you can find it Repositriy server.

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Create a project --> XYZ

2. Create the package as your IA.java package

3. Create the class with the same name..

4. Copy and paste your java code.

5. Import required jar for compiling.....

Regards,

Sunil.