cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF forms instead of SAPScript (quality certificates)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm working with quality certificates, and they are created using SAPScript, is there any possible way to make it with Adobe forms instead ??

Regards,

MaX

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

first alternative with Script

if you select mediu 5 in output type LQCB and mantain email ID in customer master - existing Script will attach the certificate in PDF format to above email.

2nd way

You can attach smartform

You will have to maintain the form detials in 2 places

1) In config

SPRO>QM> Quality Certificates > Output Determination> Define Condition Types for Output Determination> Define Condition Types for Output Determination > LQCB > Processing routines > Print out > You can give the program and Form

2) In the certificate Recipient VV21 - select the customer and click on Communication button and maintain in Print setting , Smart form

This should work

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) In config

SPRO>QM> Quality Certificates > Output Determination> Define Condition Types for Output Determination> Define Condition Types for Output Determination > LQCB > Processing routines > Print out > You can give the program and Form

The form for COA's is selected in the Certificate profile. It is not defined in config as other types of outputs are. Have you actually done this and had certs print out at time of delivery?

If you were to define the form in config, how would you then select it in the COA Profile, (QC02)?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayashankardm

Your idea sounds great, but I'm really with Craig, we apply the form in the certificate profile.

But in the case of certificates for deliveries, do we need certificate profiles?

If not, then in this case I guess your idea will be valid.

I wish you have tried this and tell us if you got a COA from a PDF

Regards,

Mahmoud

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear please refer the statment from SAP help for Electronic Generated certificate

You can electronically send and receive quality certificates for a delivery. The

quality certificate is electronically transmitted to the certificate recipient using

the EDI transmission medium (Electronic Data Interchange: cross-company

electronic data exchange. The data is formatted according to defined standards.).

The technical transfer can be performed directly using EDI or the Internet.

Certificate creation occurs in a similar way to the printing of the certificate for

the delivery. The quality certificate is created as a PDF file and packed in an

intermediate document (IDoc). During electronic certificate receipt, a certificate

record is updated from the incoming IDoc and the quality certificate is stored in

the optical archive. As a result, you no longer have to scan the certificate and

manually maintain the certificate record.

This will through some light that PDF is supported by SAP.

I think one should not come to conclusion without knowing it in detail.

don't really come to conclusion unless you try yourself and don't get influence by any once posts unless we try.

that is how i learned QM best luck

sujit

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If a PDF file is desired, that is fine. That can be accomplished and is described in the thread that is linked in a previous reply. That is accomplished through the print spool.

But the use of smartforms in the COA is not supported with COA's to the best of my knowledge. You can't assign the form in configuration because in many, many cases, there is not just one form for COA's. It's not unusally for companies to have 1-4 different types of forms based on customer requirements and testing requirements. To specify it in config, if it was supported, would require sepearted outputs for each form. With the different outputs required, (EDI, FAX, several for printouts) you would have 3-6 output types per form for a total of 3-24 output types. Unrealistic.

I've been doing QM for over 14 years annd have yet to meet anyone who has actually used smartforms in place of sapscript. The one person I thought might have, indicated they changed the underlaying SAP program but he never posted any information about exactly how. I still don't believe it is possible within standard SAP.

I am very interested in this but have been unable to accomplish it myself.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you can create your own smart form & attach it to the profile in customization.

then you can use function module : CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF

for more information you can see following thread

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

The first point is that in quality certificates, it is only taking SAPScript in customizing.

The second point is, the target is not to convert the output to PDF, it is that I want my form to be created using Adobe forms due to the ease of use, and assign it to the certificate profile.

The problem as I said is that certificate profiles take only SAPScript forms, do you have any idea or a work around ?

Regards,

MaX

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

I keep hearing of developers that claim you can use Smartforms, (or Adobe forms), with COA profiles but have yet to see it first hand or have had anyone that has actually provided the details as to how to do this.

I believe that in order to accomplish it you would have to change the underlaying COA program provided by SAP. By modifying the COA program, you disable several SAP transactions from producing your COA, (QC20 and QC21 for example). There is no need to modify the underlying program. Except in extremely rare cases, a good progammer and SAPscript person can get all the data needed to produce a COA.

I have not heard of SAP supporting Smartforms yet for the QM module.

If anyone can provide DETAILS about how they approached using Smartforms with COA Profiles I would really like to hear about it. Especially if it didn't involve modifying the standard SAP provided COA program.

Craig