cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when uploading a large file in PI - weird SQL I/O errors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm facing a very difficult problem when uploading a 35 MB with an FTPs adapter. I see in the logs that, after the translation to XML, it's going to 170 MB.

I receive the following error in the CC Monitoring:

Error: com.sap.aii.af.ra.ms.api.DeliveryException: Problem inserting 41827ca7-6b8c-4a87-198d-ad8a81fcb12b(OUTBOUND) into the database: com.sap.engine.services.dbpool.exceptions.BaseSQLException: Connection is invalid.

When I look in the NWA Monitoring, I see the following details:

SQL error occurred on connection affhb201:X11:SAPSR3DB: code=17,002, state="null", message="Io exception: Socket closed";

SQL statement is "INSERT INTO "XI_AF_MSG" ("MSG_ID","DIRECTION","MSG_BYTES","TIMES_FAILED","SENT_RECV_TIME","STATUS","CONN_NAME","MSG_TYPE","REF_TO_MSG_ID","ADDRESS","TRANSPORT","CREDENTIAL","TRAN_HEADER","MSG_PROFILE","CONVERSATION_ID","SCHEDULE_TIME","PERSIST_UNTIL","FROM_P........

I cannot check the Visual Admin Logs 'cause I don't have access to them yet.

I'm pretty convinced that some swap memory, message size or whatever setting on the adapter engine or on the Java stack is preventing this. I do not get any message in CC Monitoring when uploading a smaller, 6 MB version of the same file.

Can you please help me solve this or give me some interesting pointers?

Never before did we experience something like this in the PI system. In addition, I didn't find any useful resource on the SDN and throughout the SAP notes for this.

Let me know if you need more info about this.

Best regards,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182004
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi George,

Try using transaction RZ10, increasing parameter: icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to mention, this parameter was just increased from 100 to 200 MB. Of course, server was restarted and everything.

Thanks, it was a nice try though. I don't think it should be higher than 200 as the file size is 175.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George

I am facing the same issue, where did you configure the message split in the Communication Channel?

If I do the message split as you said, is it going to create several files or how does it work?

Thanks in advanced

Emmanuel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Emmanuel,

Check out this link.

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/11/29/night-mare-processing-huge-files-in-sap-xi

I pretty much did what it says here. It's not creating more files 'cause I'm upload the file, it's creating more PI messages.

Regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just had the message split in parts of 5000 lines in the file comm channel and everything worked fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Thanks for the answers, still haven't solved it. Some updates: another odditiy is that 2 messages passed to the pipeline, failing with another "request too big" message (to which I found the solution), and then for the third one I got this message again! I find this mindboggling.

Please let me know if you have any other hints.

Regards,

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

It looks like insertion of msg payload into PI's database is failing ! As you say, msg is too big to be stored in PI (is it a matter of memory or time or anything else) ... No trace at db level ?

Rgds

Chris