Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Process + various questions

jean-philippe_pain2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am currently trying to see how to automatize processes between SRM-MDM Catalog and ECC. I've found some answers in SDN and tutorials but i still have some 'wanderings'.

First of all, is it possible to automatize processes between (with or without PI) :

- import service (plats) from ECC to MDM and vice versa

Secondly, what is the gain for a client to handle customer master data in MDM when he has already a CRM ?

Finally, when you suggest your client to handle their materials in MDM because they have multiple ERP with multiple materials which are the same finally, they are scared as we 'merge' in MDM all their 'duplicate' materials in one and they don't know how to find back after their in the ERP the materials number disapeared in new one ?

For example :

ERP 1 : material A code A1

ERP 2 : material B code B1

ERP 3 : material C code B1

Material A, B, C are the same but with different code. So, we decide to merge into B. How can we handle the fact that their code are different in ERP 1 and ERP 3. how to manage the new code compared to old one ?

Hope i was clear on this last point.

Thanks,

JP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Below is my opinion:

1. Yes, it is possible to automise process. ECC or SRM can send data to PI by seduling extraction program in background using Transaction SM37. then PI will drop file on MDM import directory, from where Import server will import data into MDM. MDM content approval workflow can also be triggered based on the requirement. But in case of SRM-MDM Catalog vice versa is not true i.e. MDM->PI-> SRM as this is not supported and required in this scenario.

2. There could be a lot reasons behind it and this totally depends on the business & requirement. MDM features like search, Mass update, classification etc. are far advanced then what available in CRM.

3. You can use remote key for this. when any two records are merged then remote keys for those records will be appended to the new record.

In your example,

ERP 1 : material A code A1

ERP 2 : material B code B1

ERP 3 : material C code B1

if you store code as remote key and merge material A and C into B. then new material B will have 3 remote key values as below:

Remote system / Value

ERP 1 / A1

ERP 2 / B1

ERP 3 / B1

if needed you are also syndicate back these code values to respective ERP system by mapping remote key field to the target field.

Please revert if you have any query.

Regards,

SHiv

Answers (0)