cancel
Showing results for
Search instead for
Did you mean:

Inbound mails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all and first of all happy new year!

I am a novice to SAP but have the task to get inbound mails working for a netweaver 7.0 (ECC6.0) installation.

Outbound mails are ok but I can't find a way to configure the other direction. I've searched help.sap.com but couldn't find a walkthrough.

Any help is welcome!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ouch, you're right (does the German word "rammdoesig" make any sense to you?) - too many docs and too many knowledge base articles ...

And yes, the problem starts with port 25 ...

Gonna come back when the basics work

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem is solved, it lay deeper by being a transport table issue with postfix.

Edited by: Uwe Werner on Jan 20, 2010 12:16 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's a W2K8 system ...

What I found was that in the system's profile the default smtp port hadn't been assigned. Didn't change the result, though

Is there a simple way to check smtp capabilities on the w2k8 side?

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Telnet can also be used under Windows (see the [Microsoft KB article|http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Telnet-frequently-asked-questions] about it).

Kind regards,

Henk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henk,

that's quite interesting info and it takes me some steps to the goal, but I need to get the e-mails at the business workplace where they don't show up - even if I send them from the very same station/system. There must be something else I haven't covered yet sigh

Thanks for your help!

Uwe

Henk
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

Then there still isn't something configured alright. I know, it can be a pain to get it working from end-to-end, since there are a lot of things that can get in the way.

You can perform a simple test on the Operating System the SAP system resides on to see if the SAP system is capable of receiving inbound emails. It should look something like this:

telnet [hostname] [SAP SMTP port]
helo [IP-address of the server]
mail from:<your_email_address@your_email_domain>
rcpt to:<your_email_address_in_the_SAP_system>
data
From: your_email_address@your_email_domain
To: your_email_address_in_the_SAP_system
Subject: Test

Hello Test
.
quit

The email should be visible in the inbox in SAP Business Workplace of the recipient user.

Kind regards,

Henk.

Henk
Active Participant