cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APO CIF PPM debug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I am facing the following issue in SCM APO.

Through Tcode /sapapo/rrp3, I am trying to convert SNP Planned Order into a PPDS planned order.

Now what happens is once I click the "Convert SNP Orderts to PPDS Orders" button, the orders are getting converted to a PPDS planned order.

Also as per process the PPDS planned order which gets created should have components same as that of the PPDS PPM to which it refers.

Initially (before hitting the save button in /sapapo/rrp3) the components of the newly created PPDS planned order are proper and as per the PPDS PPM.

Once I press the save button in Tcode /sapapo/rrp3, the PPDS planned Orders data is sent to R3 vis the CIF and also some data is returned back from R3 to APO which is the Planned Order number.

Now while the data is returned back from R3 to APO, the components of the PPM are changed and not in sync with that of the PPDS PPM in APO.

I beleive that I need to debug the CIF exits (when data is flowing from R3 to APO) Correct me if I am wrong

Can anyone please suggest me how to debug this CIF while the data is flowing from R3 to APO.

Thanks and regards

Ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidhharth

This blog will help you . You need to put BP on both side ( R/3 and APO ) userexit to get data changes if any before and after CIF.

http://scn.sap.com/people/anant.nimbalkar2/blog/2012/04/11/debug-in-remote-system-eg-apo-srm-crm-whe...

Rewards points if helpful.

Regards

Anant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check whether this happening for all materials.

2. Both R/3 and APO master data is in sink

3.Check setting for heuristic for conversion from SNP to PPDS whether setting to determine source of supply is from SNP PPM or independent of SNP PPM.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1.Check whether this happening for all materials.

2. Both R/3 and APO master data is in sink

3.Check setting for heuristic for conversion from SNP to PPDS whether setting to determine source of supply is from SNP PPM or independent of SNP PPM.

regards,

Siddharth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

The menu path is required by you.

APO spro > SAP implementation guide > Integration with SAP

components > Integration via CIF > Basic setting for data

transfer > Publication

Please check and confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank your for the replies.

Senthil,

u have mentioned that

1) Check the maintain object specific settings and publication settings in

APO customisation under Integration with SAP components

I am not able to locate this in SPRO. Can u pls specify the exact path.

Ramesh,

the PPM is correct and in sync with R3.... there is no problem over there.....

also I am in a sandbox system itself so I am able change the code wherever required.

I am aware of this infinite loop technique.

What I did is applied a hard Break point at some of the exits and executed the Tcode. But it still didnt stop there.

May be those exits are not part of the execution.

I have also gone through that CIF debug docu mentioned below, but that not working for me...

What I beleive is that once I hit the save button (in the APO Tcode /sapapo/rrp3) after the SNP planned Order is converted to a PPDS planned Order, the deteils are sent to R3 and some data is fetched from R3 and brought back to APO.

Now when it brings the data from R3 to APO, thats when the problem occurs and somehow its changing the components of the newly created PPDS PPM.

Can someone pls list out the exits/badi's that may be used for this CIF process.

Also can u please let me know how to debug the CIF in this particular scenerio.

regards

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ramesh,

You are a bit vague when you say that

CIF debug docu mentioned below, but that not working for me...

A common problem when debugging CIF is that the CIF userid in the destination system MUST be interactive and must have debug authority. You can discover the userid by logging onto the SOURCE system and examining SM59 (ABAP connections>RFC destination>Logon&security tab). Then, have your authorization team look at the auth package of this userid IN THE DESTINATION SYSTEM to determine if it is capable of interactive debug.

You are right in that planned orders in R/3 will be created with R/3 master data. These data, if they are not perfectly synch'ed with APO, can overwrite the APO data once R/3 has sent the planned order back to APO.

With respect to your problem, review the SAP online help about how the system manages the integration of planned orders. Actually, this whole portion of SAP help is good reading.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm70/helpdata/EN/7b/9a0a68b44f48dfbb8e205483d2adc7/frameset.htm

Rgds,

DB49

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try implement the infinite loop in this BAdI Def: /SAPAPO/CL_EX_CIF_IP.

Let me know if this works or not.

P.S : Check if the same thing is happening for all materials or any specific materials. This could be a master data issue.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Edited by: Ramesh Mahankali on Jan 6, 2010 8:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can refer to this article for CIF Debugging:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0d1265d-db32-2b10-79ba-ccf6fe2c161d

cheers

Aveek

ramesh_mahankali
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

You may want to check first if the PPM is in sink with R/3 or not. Try to simulate issue in your sandbox environment with the help of functional team member (if you are a developer) then you can do that following if you still have the issue.

Write a infinite loop in one of the user exit on APO side so that you can check the data which is coming from R/3 in t-code SM50(APO side).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

1) Check the maintain object specific settings and publication settings in

APO customisation under Integration with SAP components

2) Run /SAPAPO/CCR for planned orders and check

3) Check PPM consistency check for a single location product PPM

using transaction /sapapo/scc03

Regards