cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMQ2 queue stops

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an integration process that sends a synchronous message (soap adapter) to a receiver system. After that the receiver system needs about 5 to 10 minutes to respond to the request. Sometimes this is no problem and the queue of outgoing messages resides in status running.

However most time the queue stops after some minutes and the only way to go on with processing is to manually unlock the queue in SMQ2.

Why does this happens? Is there a possibility to restart the queue automatically? Is there a timeout period in queue processing that can be inceased?

Thank you in advance,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem. The SWWWHEX job stops the queue. The job runs every 3 minutes and if the communication lasts longer, the queue was stopped.

There are some options in queue inbound processing. However I didn't change the caching mechanism. I think the right thing was to import some notes that corrects the SWWWDHEX processing.

Thank you!

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Can you please let me know the notes that you have applied for this job?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I imported the following notes to our XI 3.0 SP20 system:

However I don't know exactly which note corrected the problem. Our XI-system has an older SP-level and I imported all actual notes that I found before testing the functionality again.

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

at the moment the following timeouts are set:

- adapter-engine: xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default = 900.000 (15 minutes)

- soap-receiver-adapter: XMBWS.Timeout = 36.000.000 (I think one hour...)

These time-outs should be fine, I think. Is there another timeout-setting in the ccBPM (aka business workflow)?

Best regards,

Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

I time out settings for ccBPM scenarios are addressed while configuring its inbound processing. Please refer to the below documnets for further help:

[Doc1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c00d9465-ea97-2910-deac-f8aa681eef35?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

[Doc2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/f0e73c7b-5301-2a10-f1ab-832f301b6c02?quicklink=index&overridelayout=true]

I am not very fluent with ccBPM so will not be able to give you any direct help.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the Queue is Stopped check the first message wthin the queue which failed....it may show you some error log...now since the processing time is 5-10 mins you should define appropriate timeout for the SOAP receiver channel....for more info refer Q: Can I configure the timeout value of my receiver adapter? from this note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/856597

There is a blog on how to reprocess failed messages...just make a search in case you want to have automatic restart.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Daniel,

In synchronous scenarios running over PI, several communication components are involved where each may lead to a time-out. Such a time-out on one communication component causes the messaging scenario to fail as a whole.

Various components which may contribut for your queue to fail are:

Messaging System specific time out, SOAP sender channel time out, and your receiver Adapter time out property.

There are some pre defined values for them already set in our PI system and these needs to be changed to accomodate the failure case also.

To give you a lead, In NWA, Go to->Operation Management->Systems-> Start & Stop -> Java Services -> (Under Related Tasks) Java System Properties. Select your adapter type and under properties change the default time.

For Sender SOAP channel, add u2018Parameter Nameu2019 as: XI.Timeout and in u2018Parameter Valueu2019, give any value in milliseconds.

Warm Regards,

Anshul