cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to Change the Database from Oracle to SQL server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I am having DEV and QA system in windows and oracle.

I need to change the DB from Oracle to SQL in both the systems.

The concern here is there are some developments in my DEV system. I need to have those developments in the new databse too.

I thought of taking the DB export from DEV and release all the developments in DEV environment and scrap the QA environment and install with SQL DB and make my QA as my DEV system and import the DB export from DEV.

Pls provide your inputs on this.

Regards,

Raja. G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What about your PRD DB ? will be consistent with yr landscape ?

Are you going to do on your real landscape ?

Is the company police to migrate from oracle to sql ?

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the Heterogeneos system copy guide,

https://websmp105.sap-ag.de/osdbmigration

The concern here is there are some developments in my DEV system. I need to have those developments in the new databse too.

That shouldn't be a problem... the system copy should move those to the new DB, if you're still concerned you could either keep a backup and or release them.

thought of taking the DB export from DEV and release all the developments in DEV environment and scrap the QA environment and install with SQL DB and make my QA as my DEV system and import the DB export from DEV.

Thats a bit of a shortcut... In my opinion you should migrate both and transport normally. In any case you want QA to be as close as possible to production not to developement for obvious reasons...

Regards

Juan