Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 7.0 security with old authorization concept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have upgraded our BW system from BW 3.0B to BI 7.0.. However we do not want to use new authorization concept. We want to use old concept. Kindly let me know the steps to be followed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will prerequisites to setup Analysis authorizations in BI 7.0, like need to change the settings in IMG,Activate all the Objects of the technical BI content for Authorizations and InfoObjects of the technical BI Content to be authorization relevant- InfoObjects that start with 0TCA* and 0TCT*. As long as you don't change the settings in BI7.0 for new authorization concept, you can use old authorization concept.

Thanks,

Srikanth

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

This has been asked and answered a number of times already. Please use the search.

> we do not want to use new authorization concept

Why not? The migration is a project, but only has benefits and there is no looking back anyway...

> let me know the steps to be followed

Here is a [link|http://www.cartoonstock.com/newscartoons/cartoonists/pto/lowres/pton182l.jpg] of someone taking the step

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply. However this does not help me. We can not use new concept as per business requirements. If you are aware about the process let me know. The link you have forwarded is Wrong.

0 Kudos

You can choose between more of my links or doing a basic search yourself.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Subodhini,

Please use the below link

Best Regards

Imran

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the TCode RSCUSTV23 in your BI system. search with this term in help.sap for more details.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There will prerequisites to setup Analysis authorizations in BI 7.0, like need to change the settings in IMG,Activate all the Objects of the technical BI content for Authorizations and InfoObjects of the technical BI Content to be authorization relevant- InfoObjects that start with 0TCA* and 0TCT*. As long as you don't change the settings in BI7.0 for new authorization concept, you can use old authorization concept.

Thanks,

Srikanth

0 Kudos

Hi.. yes, what you all are saying is true.. However it is not applicable for me as all the information relates to New Auth. concept in BI 7.0.

We need to know after we change IMG settings replated to OLD auth. concept, what would be the next steps as we are getting some new auth. objects which are not there in existing roles.

Please suggest something on that.

0 Kudos

You will anyway "get new auth objects" when you do a release upgrade...

Whether or not you use them depends on your config and the location of the AUTHORITY-CHECKs on them.

SAP "owns" the objects and the source code (locations) of those checks.

You "own" the configurable parts relating to it, which is most (but not all) of "customizing".

Cheers,

Julius