cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material availability check at storage type level?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

when we create process order in COR1, we enter material to be included in that process order..

we can also specify which storage locaiton it shud be picked from.. at this point as far as i knw it does material availability check at plant & storage location level...

Can we do storage type level check using some exit or something..

If yes then how.. plz guide. !

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Availability check has nothing to do with WM. You should solve it in MM (IM) / PP w/o WM - in my opinion.

I guess it would be a a very big and deep change to involve WM into availibilty check.

You can describe what you want exactly maybe forum members can give some advice (here or in SCM-PP forum).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Csaba for your reply..

when we create a process order in COR1 then we enter material list... in that we specify plant stor loc of the material..

my req is if the material type of material is XXX then if its stor loc is ZZZ then it shud look for only 3 storage types ie A, B & C.

Where can I put this condtion..

I tried writing code in user exit EXIT_SAPLCOSD_001 but not getting how to apply the logic.. plz guide on this...

Regards

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest that you should consider to influence availability check:

- via stock type / status of the material

- exclude the storage location from MRP

- use MRP area

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/f4/7d2d2644af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/64/3a3054faba11d1a6bf0000e83235d4/frameset.htm

Most simple solution is to use a SLoc that is excluded from MRP (in this case materials won't be visible for planning too not only for MRP)

You can assign several SLocs to one WH - components that should be hidden for ATP could be stored in such a SLoc.

As I told you I don't think it's a good idea to involve WM into availability check - it's very likely you should do very-very deep changes. I cannot advice you on this - or my advice is that you should forget WM in availability check...

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 7, 2010 6:58 AM

Answers (0)