SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

testing application forms

govind_parmar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have copied an application from Client 000 : FMCA_INVOICE_SAMPLE to my testing client as ZFMCA_INVOICE_SAMPLE and also created a link.

When I try testing it gives me an error "Test printout is not possible for application form ZZFMCA_INVOICE_SAMPLE'.

What could be the possible reasons?

Is it not all the App form having the testing functionalities?

Govind Parmar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes ... set a breakpoint in the application form (say where the Smartform data structure is filled). Go to FPCOPARA, enter the parameters for the transaction, go to the command line and enter DBUG ... then schedule the transaction (run immediately).

The tranaction will stop in debug mode, execute one more time and the application form breakpoint will be reached.

Joe

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Govind ... Not all forms have testing functionality from EFRM. The form class for this application form is FMCA_INVOICE and on the form class attributes, 'no test print' is checked.

So testing can only be done from the FMCA invoice print transaction. Sorry, not familiar with what transaction that is.

Joe

0 Kudos

Thanks Joe for the reply. So there is no other option than testing with the FPCOPARA transaction.

I wanted to test the smartform what all fields it populate. Is there any way of debugging that...

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes ... set a breakpoint in the application form (say where the Smartform data structure is filled). Go to FPCOPARA, enter the parameters for the transaction, go to the command line and enter DBUG ... then schedule the transaction (run immediately).

The tranaction will stop in debug mode, execute one more time and the application form breakpoint will be reached.

Joe

0 Kudos

Thanks Joe. I placed the break-point on one of the nodes in the Application form, but it did not stop.

One more thing I was trying to find an event 706 (print Invoice) is getting triggered when executing FPCOPARA, it did not stop earlier but when i put DBUG on the command line it stopped. Can you explain me the reason why it was not stopping at the hardcoded break-point before?

Secondly Do I need to put the break-point on the nodes for debugging the smartform?

Govind

former_member587072
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey Govind ....

- You need to place the break-point somewhere in your user exit. The break-point on one of the nodes of the AF heirarchy will only be honored if you are testing from EFRM.

- In response to this question:

One more thing I was trying to find an event 706 (print Invoice) is getting triggered when executing FPCOPARA, it did not stop earlier but when i put DBUG on the command line it stopped. Can you explain me the reason why it was not stopping at the hardcoded break-point before?

==> Don't know the answer. Just know that when I need to debug a parallel job like FPCOPARA, that I need to use the DBUG option.

==> Not familiar with debugging a smartform. That is why I suggesting breaking in your user exit at the point the structure that is passed to the smartform is filled.

Joe

0 Kudos

I have an event which is getting triggered in transaction FPCOPARA and an Application form/Smartform is getting triggered after executing this transaction.

I want to use some fields of DFKKOH table which exists in the event but not in the Smartform, is it possible to use DFKKOH fields in Smartform.

rajesh_popat3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govind,

In case you require any fields of DFKKCOH for the SMARTFORMS, you can create a interface parameter in the SMARTFORMS and declare the same in the TOP Include for the application form and then write a code in the user exit and populate the values for the interface parameters over there.

It would then be available in the SMARTFORMS as such.

Note- The field / work area / internal table that is declared in the SMARTFORMS interface parameter should be declared for the TOP include and the name should be same at both the places.

Hope this might be of some help!!

Regards,

Rajesh Popat