cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC Compliant User Provisioning (CUP) Password Self Service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I am setting up Password Self Service within CUP. For those users that do not already have access to the UME frontend, I know that I need to create a user ID in the UME frontend for each user so that they can access the Password Self Service option. Since I only want the user to access the Password Self Service option, what UME role do I assign to them to ensure that they cannot access anything else within CUP?

Thank you!

Johonna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

From looking at other postings on this topic, it appears that you cannot restrict a user to only the Password Self Service option and that you must give them access to the whole request splash page. This is fine for my client. However, I only see 3 AE UME roles: Approver, Security, and Admin. What role do I use to make sure that they can only access the request splash page?

Thank you,

Johonna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johonna,

No authorization is needed for end users to use Password Self Service, you will just need to ensure that they have IDs on system used for authentication (ex. SAP UME in your case).

Initial screen where all request types are listed is accessible to everyone even without any ID or authorization. Only when they select specific request system asks for authentication.

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johonna,

The 3 defined roles are only those suggested by SAP.

You can create your own roles by assigning the various actions as needed to provide access or restrict as your organisation requires.

However, depending on your patch level, you may find that certain actions are dependant on others to work properly.

Also, you either grant access to the functionality or not. There is no partial or display only setting in the java stack.

Enjoy!

Simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Johonna,

These 3 roles (mentioned by Simon) are only needed to access much broader functionality of CUP. As Amol mentioned, there is no way you can restrict request access page. Everyone in your organization will be able to select all the request types.

Alpesh

Answers (0)