cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Settings between Content Server and DMS server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

I installed DMS server and Content Server,Now I need to do connection settings between these server.

Both are installed on seprate servers.

So please suggest what are the steps to set connection between these servers.

Shivam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I performed OAC0,OACT and csadmin settings,after that tried Content server link,it was having my content repository name.

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed the Content Server with DB instance. ECC on AIX and the Content Server on Windows are on different domains and wanted to integrate. After the installation what I did is as follows...

I am trying to create the Content Repository using the Tx- OAC0, given the the following details as

Content Repository name--- DMS_xxxx

Document Area - DMS

Storage Type -- HTTP Content Server

Version -0046

HTTP Server --- fully qualified host name of the Content Server

Port Number --- 1090

HTTP Script --- ContentServer\ContentServer.dll

Physical Basic Path--- (initially) -

/usr/sap/<ECCSID>/SYS/global/

(modified) --- E:\ContentServer\ -

not available, thought it will create, even created later

Physical archive path --- SAME as Physical Basic Path

When I check the connection, I am getting an error "Content repository DMS_xxxx does not exists.

When I check Tx- CSADMIN-- it gives an error saying the "HTTP error : 4010 (authorized) ' Permission denied: adminContRep&configSet"

I am not sure what user should i use for this and what should be the information of ContentStorageHost, ContentStorageName and Storage need to be provided.

Please help me in this....

Regards

Krishna

0 Kudos

Hi all,

I installed the Content Server with DB instance. ECC on AIX and the Content Server on Windows are on different domains and wanted to integrate. After the installation what I did is as follows...

I am trying to create the Content Repository using the Tx- OAC0, given the the following details as

Content Repository name--- DMS_xxxx

Document Area - DMS

Storage Type -- HTTP Content Server

Version -0046

HTTP Server --- fully qualified host name of the Content Server

Port Number --- 1090

HTTP Script --- ContentServer\ContentServer.dll

Physical Basic Path--- (initially) -

/usr/sap/<ECCSID>/SYS/global/

(modified) --- E:\ContentServer\ -

not available, thought it will create, even created later

Physical archive path --- SAME as Physical Basic Path

When I check the connection, I am getting an error "Content repository DMS_xxxx does not exists.

When I check Tx- CSADMIN-- it gives an error saying the "HTTP error : 4010 (authorized) ' Permission denied: adminContRep&configSet"

I am not sure what user should i use for this and what should be the information of ContentStorageHost, ContentStorageName and Storage need to be provided.

Please help me in this....

Regards

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Content server ID and Password

R Karthikeyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shivam,

before installation of content server need to find on which system it has to be installed. Unix or Windows platform as the procedure bit differs.

1. Install Content server - To install content server you will require a separate server on which requires to install content server 6.4 + maxDB 7.6/7

2.Create Content repository - OAC0

3. Create storage category for respective created content repository - OACT

4.configure in csadmin

5. U need to send certificate to r/3 server, throug which both ur content server and ur r/3 server will communicate each other - The content server talks to sap thru HTTP protocol thru IIS web server (for windows environment)

hope this can solve ur requirement.

Thank You,

Manoj

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivam did you fix it?

If yes, share your solution with the forum. It'll help many other friends here.

Best Regards

Amaresh Makal

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shivam

Define data carrier type "external DMS"

Then do the following configuration:

1. Go to OAC0 & Maintain Storage System

Define content repository, Describe it

Maintain, Document area DMS, Storage type 04, Specify HTTP server, port number, HTTP Script

2. Go to OACT & Maintain Storage Category ( configure it according to your requirement ).

BR

Amaresh Makal