cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing document & Accounting document number should be same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Client wants that Billing document number and Accounting document number should be same always.

Need your guidance to do this.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the same interval for the BILLING DOCUMENTS & ACCOUNTING DOCUMENTS in VN01 and FBN1

For BILLING DOCUMENTS assign this Number range in the VOFA transaction code for the Billing document tyes

For ACCOUNTING DOCUMENTS assign this Number range in the FBN1 for your company code and fiscal year

please check and revert back.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Thank you for your suggestion.

But, I hope, only by assigning the same number range to Billing Type & Accounting document type may not serve the purpose.

Suppose, I have created a new number range from 100000 to 199999 and let's say, I have assigned the number range to both the Billing Type & Accounting document Type.

Let's say, I created the first Billing document and system will give me billing document number as 100000 as well as Accounting document number also 100000. That is fine.

Suppose, I create 2nd Billing document (no.100001) for which there is a posting block, so no accounting document will be generated.

In this scenario when I will create 3rd Billing document (no- 100002) with out posting block, now system will create Accounting document no 100001.

But, the requirement is ,Billing doc number & Accounting doc number should be same always.

I feel, some user exit has to be used to achieve this.

Request for more suggestions.

Regards

former_member188076
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The key to make the Billing No. and Accounting No. same is Marking your number range in FBN1 as external .

So follow the steps as provided by others and make the Accounting No. Range External with the same No. range series as you have maintained for Billing Document no. Range.

Regards

Amitesh Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do the settings as suggested by Damodar. Even we had the same requirement in the company and we have done the same settings i.e. create number range for Billing document in VN01, make it INTERNAL and assign it to billing types in VOFA.

Now create same number range for accounting document in FBN1, make it EXTERNAL and assign it to Accounting document in OBA7

Try it and revert back

regards,

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Client wants it to be automatic not mannually.

Beside this, there are 3 different Billing Types for which Accounting document Type RV should be created and Billing document number & Accounting document number should be same.

I hope, it is not possible in standard SAP.

SAP best practices also do not suggest it but it is a client's requirement.

If you will find any suitable user exit then please let me know.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is created automatically only. when you assign Internal number range for billing document and assign it to billing type, system will create numbers automatically. Now in VOFA you maintain Accounting Document type. And for this Accounting Document type you assign same number range which is external. Means the number created for billing document will be passed on to accounting document type whose number range is external.

So, even if you dont post any billing document immediately but later on still system will pass this billing document number to accounting document. And ultimately will have same number.

We have done the same thing in our company.

Hope you get some input.

sunil_p4
Participant
0 Kudos

This can be achieved in Copy controls in VTFA - In Header level 'Reference Number make it as 'E' - Current billing document number.

Hope this will solve or please revert back.

Rgds

Sunil

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether this link would help you,

[how can we get same invoice number to accouting document number when posted|]

Regards,

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradamyuna

This is a standard requirement from many clients which can be achived through config itself and not through userexits

It is simple configuration

Example

Say your billingtype is F2 and the accounting doc type is RV

First define a number range say Z1 in t code VN01 say from 1 to 100

assign this Z1 in VOFA for F2 ( which you will do normally)

In t code FBN1 define a number range same descrption Z1 say from 1 to 100 and mark it as external (most important)

This Z1 what you have defined in FBN1 assign it to RV document type in t code OBA7

that is all the configuration

whenever you create an invoice say if the no is 50 then the accounting doc of that billing doc will also be 50

The internal no of billing system takes as an external no of accounting and generates the same number internally during accounting doc creation

External here does not mean that we have to give externally for accounting doc no

Once you configure this you will understand it better

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradyumna,

There are 2 possibility to the requirement, which are as under:

1. All 3 Billing Type share same number range object (say 01) and similarly accounting document numberrange for all 3 is RV.

In this case, maintain the same number range for Billing Document's number range object (VN01) and Accounting Document number range object (FBN1), say 11000001 - 12000000. For Billing Document Type number range will be internal number range and accounting document should be external number range. The impact of maintaining accounting document number range as external is that it will by default pick the same number as billing document number.

2. the 3 Billing type have separate number range and the requirement is that accounting document number should be the same as billing document number.

In this case, number range object for each billing type will be different and instead of using RV as accounting number range, we will require 3 different number range object instead of RV and the same will have to be maintained in the field 'Document Type' in the billing document type (VOFA) configuration, hence the default RV will not be triggered and appropriate number range will trigger. For Billing Document Type number range will be internal number range and accounting document should be external number range. The impact of maintaining accounting document number range as external is that it will by default pick the same number as billing document number.

Both the above possibility will require a proper co-ordination between SD & FI consultant.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor

Dear,

For Billing document create no. range by Tcode-VN01 and assign it to in Tcode-VOFA

For Accounting document create no. range by Tcode-FBN1 and activate the External Field and assing it to in Tcode- OBA7

but Assign the same no. range to both Document types for exp 1000000 to 1999999.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create the Number ranges ex from 9000000 to 9999999 for Billing in t code VN01 as internal and assign to the billing document type in VOFA.

Create the number range for accounting sdocumnet ex 9000000 to 9999999 put as external and assigned in the T code OBA7

then when ever the system save the billing document the billing document number will be assigned to Accounting document coz of external number range maintained for Accounting doc

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create Number range interval same as Billing document By t-code VF01

Assign that number range interval in Account document by t-code OBA7

Kapil