cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inprocess inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

How to set the inprocess inspection for production order?.Should i use Material specification or quality plan?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are asking about the task list tobe used for inprecess inspection, it is Routing.In the routing itself you will have to assign the required MICs and in material master activate insp type 03.

Vishal Jonnalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have created the production order & released then what happens?What happens to the quality inspection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

production order & released then what happens?What happens to the quality inspection?

When you relese Production order 03 inspection type is created if it is activate in QM view.

in QA32 you can check the inpsection lot which is not stock relevent.

That means you can take UD but can not do stock posting.

You can do Result recording & defect for the lot.

When order is confirmed in CO11 or Co15 ,inspection lot of 04 inspection lot will be created which is stock relevent

I hope this will add some value

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have activated insp type 03,then after releasing and saving of the order, inspection lot with lot origin 03 i.e. inprocess inspection lot will be generated.Is it generated in your case.If yes,what is it status?

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When i try ro record results for 04 ,i am getting this error.

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Eventhough when i have given 04 in material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

please check following

1.In QM view have you ticked on "check char" .It must be ticked.

2.you must create a Task list in QP01 with Usage 1 & status 4.

3.Date of creation of task list must be prior to that of Inspection lot creation.

as status of the lot is CRTD & not REL you have to create a task list as i said & then attach it through QA02>inspection specs>save

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in material master for insp type 04,"check char" indicator is set or not.It is in details of insp type 04.If not, please set the indicator.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Now the lot has been created,the status is

CRTD,CHCR,SPRQ

Should it be 01 or 04,because i am receiving the material after production which is GR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the lot number?Please check whether you have created inspection plan for the material.If not create it with QP01.And assign it to inspection lot.For assigning the inspection plan to insp lot,go to QA02,put the inspection lot number.Go to "Insp. specification" tab and press "task list/spec." button.Now move to "Sample" tab and press "smpl" button and save.Now check the status of lot.It will be REL.

Vishal Jonnalwar

Edited by: VISHAL JONNALWAR on Jan 5, 2010 12:05 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

though i have assigned,when i click on record results,the system is telling no characterstics found for inspection lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as i said in earlier thread ,Status of of lot should be REL and in QM view "check char" must be ticked.

sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

When i click on results it is saying no inspection charactestics found.

what should be the ins plan 01 or 04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are few things that you have to remember

1.task list creation date must be prior to that of inspection lot.this i have mentioned in previous thread.

2.check the usage in QA02-->inspection specs tab,is it 1 then in QP01 task list also maintain usage 1.

now try to attach the task list.this will work

Then check the status of lot if it is REL then you can do RR in QA32.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This query is related to inspection after Goods receipt inspection from production

It was 5 in qp01,i changed to 1 & in plan also it is 1.But when i try to do RR,the system is giving error message.

Diagnosis

You cannot record any characteristic results for this inspection lot. The material master has been set up for the existing inspection type in such a way that results recording is not supported.

Procedure

Confirm defects for this inspection lot or select another inspection lot in which you can confirm the characteristic results.

The characterstics box in material master is ticked.

Edited by: murugan sivakumar on Jan 6, 2010 6:01 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What is complete staus of lot.

In QA02 you not only click on Material spec but also on "sample" in sample tab

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created anew material,insp plan,MIC,routing.When do the confiramtion for production order& try to record the results the

system is again giving the same error message.I am able to assign the task list & in QA02,why the tak list is not automatically.

When i am trying to create plan & save the system is giving message stating the task list contains.

Edited by: murugan sivakumar on Jan 6, 2010 7:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear

I asked you waht is satus of lot you have got after attaching the task list

I am able to assign the task list & in QA02,why the tak list is not automatically.

Tick on "Automatic assign" in QM view inspection type 04

Next time task list will be attached automatically

When i am trying to create plan & save the system is giving message stating the task list contains.

this is becasue of control indicators that you have used in task list

like you have clicked on "record defect" and you have not assigned the Defect codes in the task list.

System does not through error ,its warning that your task list is incomplete.

Still you can do RR.

I hope this will add some input to your knowledge

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In material master,set the indicator "automatic assignment".

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

The status is

CRTD CHCR SPRQ

Eventhough a task list has been assigned.

When i click on calculator the system is asying the sample size cannot be calculated

The scope of the sample could not be calculated because no inspection specifications (neither a plan nor a specification) have been assigned to the inspection lot yet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to assign the plan now.Follow this path.

Go to QA02,put the inspection lot number.Go to "Insp. specification" tab and press "task list/spec." button.Now move to "Sample" tab and press "smpl" button and save.Now check the status of lot.It will be REL.

Vishal

Former Member
0 Kudos

What i have done is in material master i have maintained 03 inspection type checked material with spec. type and in qp01 usage - 01 and status 4. and operation as QM01 and under it MIC.(Let me know if any more settings are pending)

now when i release production order lot is generated but with status CRTD CHCR

when i goto QA02 with inspection lot no and inp.spec tab "There is no specification for this material" message is displayed .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

lakshmi_prasad7
Contributor
0 Kudos

How to set the inprocess inspection for production order?.Should i use Material specification or quality plan?

if it is production order dont need for specification maintain just configure 03 inspection type task list N

then select operation and assign related controlkey and characteristics.

if any query revert me back