cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mapping error

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI SAP-XI GURU,

I got a failed message in sxmb_moni with mapping error "EXCEPTION_DURING_EXECUTE".

I copied the payload data in mapping and executed it then i got following message.Can u please find what is case of error.

Runtime exception when processing target-field mapping /ns1:MT_PickingListIn_SCA/row/ShipmentNumber; root message: Exception:[com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.FunctionException: Cannot cast 'A3070' to decimal number] in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.Arithm method formatNumber[A3070, java.text.DecimalFormat@674dc, ., com.sap.aii.mappingtool.tf7.rt.Context@467c63a1]

Thanks & Regards

vijjisubbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because of wrong data.

Since you are using FormatNum function to set the decimal at particular positions therefore if any alphanumeric value such as A3070 then it throws an runtime error. So this behavior is correct. Make sure to pass the correct data to this function.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Error occurred in element ShipmentNumber....the value 'A3070' cant be converted in target XML msg properly...use proper conversion method....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the data type of ShipmentNumber?

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using the standard functions or are you using User Defined Function?

If it is User Defind Function check u r input type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using standard function only. I am using format number function.

and data type of shipment number is string.

Former Member
0 Kudos

data type of ShipmentNumber is string.

lnirmala
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot used Format Number function on a string.Why you are using formatnumber function over there?

Rgds,

Lekshmi.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
 Cannot cast 'A3070' to decimal number in class com.sap.aii.mappingtool.flib7.Arithm method formatNumberA3070, 
java.text.DecimalFormat@674dc

Input value A3070 is not a decimal value....hence you are getting the error.....provide a decimal value and the mapping wont fail

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Check in message mapping,the functions used in mapping not supporting conversion,

my advice to you after mapping use disply queue option to debug the mapping.check test data too...

Regards,

Raj