cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC6 EHP4 Ready NetWeaver 701, XML file

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Guys, I just finished installing ERP6.0 Netweaver EHP1 on HPUX and Oracle 10 g database. I want to upgrade the EHP4 components and my problem is Solution Manager is 4.0.

I am sure you have seen this tread many times, please ignore my ignorance, I am just lost reading so many treads in this regards.

How do I generate the XML file needed for EHP4 on solman 4.0?

Regards and many thanks.

K

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the support package level of your solution manager ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny - We have 2 instances of Solman, one is 4.0 and the other is 7.0 EHP1 stack 14. I can not generate the xml using the 7.0 EHP1 stack 14. Do I need to upgrade the support packs?

Regards

k

Diggeshhjoshi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Kourosh,

is your ECC system configured in Solution Manager and when you create new maintenance transaction in MOPZ, do you see your ECC system?

- Digesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I got around the XML file. XML file is generated. however I am getting a new error indicating :

Error reading stack info: Return code = -1, Reason system expected element' sp stacks $%$%$

SAPehpi broke during phase EHP_INCLUSION in module PREP_EXTENTION / Extention module for start release >= 40B

1. One thing that I did, I did not include IS-oil and IS_UT stacks. Would this cause any issue?

2. EHP installer is not able to connect to solman to fetch the xml file. I have to move the file to another directory. Should it be EPS/in or any other directory like /tmp will work?

3. Since I have installed EHP4 ready system, can I use sapinst to install the EHP4? I do not find ehp installer friendly at all?

Regards,

k

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1. One thing that I did, I did not include IS-oil and IS_UT stacks. Would this cause any issue?

What ever package you want to upgrade in your system should be included in the xml file.

> 2. EHP installer is not able to connect to solman to fetch the xml file. I have to move the file to another directory. Should it be >EPS/in or any other directory like /tmp will work?

This file should present in download directory which you have defined.

> 3. Since I have installed EHP4 ready system, can I use sapinst to install the EHP4? I do not find ehp installer friendly at all?

>

There is no way in sapinst that you can upgrade your existing system. You have to use ehpi tool only to upgrade add-on's. This tool is very good if you have read the upgrade book carefully.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny - Thanks for the reply. There was a typo in my question. What I meant to ask, can i use saint to install the EHP4 on ehp4 ready system? what dose ehp4 ready mean? is it mean we have the kernel and sap BASIS and ABA on latest support packs?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHP4 Ready means all netweaver support packages like SAP_Basis, SAP_ABA, PI_basis, SAP_BW will be on 7.01 version. But all ERP components will be on 600 version. A ERP system is called as on EHP4 system if at least SAP_APPL component should be on 604 release.

Apart from SAP_APPL if you have to activate some solution on ERP system like Mill or IS-OIL then corresponding add-on's should also be on 6.04 release.

And to upgrade these Add-on's from 600 release to 604 release you have to do EHP upgrade with ehpi installer, you cannot perform this with saint.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks every one. Sunny thank you for clarifying my question. I was able to solve the XML file issue. It was configuration problem from solman. I appreciate every ones help. I am almost done with prepare phase.

regards

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you remember what you changed in the configuration to get this working? We are running into the same issue.

Thanks!

J. Haynes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Haynes - Soory for the late reply. This is what I had to do:

1. Configure the system in solution manager

2. You need to select the correct configuration (EHP4 for SAP ERP) section 3.3.4 of EHP4 installation Guide.

I hope this helps.

Regards

K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As per SAP note #1165438, you need to have the latest SP level for solution manager 7.0(minimum SP level is 19 for solman 7.0).

Check the below link for more details

https://websmp103.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000293582009E.PDF

Regards

Dona

Former Member
0 Kudos

Correction, My solution manager is 7.0 ehp1 and I am still not able to create the xml file.

I am trying to install EHP4 on erp 6.0 Netweaver EHP1. Is there any special instruction for EHP4 install? How do I create the XML file using solman 7 ehp1?

regards

k