cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experiences/opinions wanted - NW IDM vs. Novell and Microsoft ILM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We want to integrate our identity management between SAP, AD and Outlook and be able to provide users with appropriate access based on their role in the organization (and easily change access as that role changes).

We have short-listed NW IDM, Novell Identity Manager and MS ILM. I have researched/compared functionality, technical specs, cost, etc.

Now I'm looking for opinions on the more intangible aspects of any/all of the 3 products - ease of implementation, ease of use, vendor support experience, areas where the products fall down or that they don't handle well, things to watch out for, etc...

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. We will definitely be doing more analysis here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to agreee with Peter, this is difficult ground.

I will give you a very broad answe, and like Peter, feel free to contact me outside.

You really need to look at what your environment is and what you mainly need to support. If you run everything through SAP, SAP IDM is a natural lock, especially if you use an LDAP as an authoritative source

I think that says most of it.

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've used all three and am happy to discuss outside this environment. Its not appropriate here.

Thanks

Peter Wass

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

recently I also have to do a comparation between NW IDM and Novell Identity Management. Can I contact you for some advise? Thanks a lot in advance!

BR

Xuan