Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GOS and SAP Role SAP_BC_GOS_ATTACHMENT_LIST

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if it is possible to prevent users from creating attachments with the role SAP_BC_GOS_ATTACHMENT_LIST that is basis patch 19?

Thanks,

Solomon

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soloman,

Just go through the notes mentioned below:

491271 - Authorizations for generic object services

825348 - Authorizations for changes in the attachment list

552127 - SAPoffice - Authorizations

It seems that object S_OC_ROLE and S_GOS_ATT are the key objects which can help you restrict the users.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Solomon,

Please check below note. Hope it helps.

Note 1293080 - GOS: Attachment list autorization object S_GOS_ATT

Cheers

Deepanshu

0 Kudos

Think about it for a moment and read the question carefully please:

--> Solomon knows about the role delivered in the SAP Note you have mentioned...

+ Solomon has mentioned SP 19, which is the required level.

= Solomon has already done a search and does not need you to do it again for him.

Tip: Solomon used the word "create" but the note only mentions "change" and "delete"!

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification Julian, I have read those notes but I wanted clarification on wether create can be restricted?

Solomon

0 Kudos

I currently don't have access to an 7.00 SP19 system this week, but I guess you can test it as you have.

What I observed before is that the application using the GOS can choose whether and who can create an attachment, so you might want to trace it for the actual transaction and not only the security in the GOS toolbar.

Which transaction does this relate to? SAP or custom?

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I don't has access to system that has SP 19 yet. I am using it with SAP t-code iw31, iw32 & iw33. Are you suggesting I create an enhancement spot or mod to control create access?

Thanks,

Solomon