cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q info record without revision level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I found out that if the materials is manage by revision level, if the q info record is not maintain by revision level, it will not take effect. This meaning, that the q info record now need to be maintain by revision level as well, additional work.

Anyone come across that it is possible not to maintain the revision level in q info record and it is still working even though materials is manage by revision level and PO is created with revision level.

care to share?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186399
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Danny

Yes if the material is maintained with revision level , then quality info record has to be maintained accordingly

I think you can try with this BADI and create with one quality info record applicable for all the revision of the material

QB_Q_INFO_RECORD.

The four reference fields in the Q-info record - material, plant, revision level, and vendor - can be changed using this BADI.This enables a reduction in the number of Q-info records. A single Q-info record can refer to different combinations of the fields mentioned above

Regards

Gajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

we have came accross such a situation before.

What happen s when you create a QInfo once wth a revision say B ,system will always consider QInfo as Vendor ,Material ,Rev combination.Now t wll not allow you to make PO with nil or A or C rev.

Solution here is do not create QInfo with any rev. simply create with blank rev.& not rev wise

This will be applicable to all Rev .

I hope this helps

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What I want is not to create q info record with revision level, but it did not work, only if I created the revision level for the q info record the it start to take effect, otherwise system just ignore the q info record..

if ur case, do u manage to make it work without the revision level? are on ecc 6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is possible not to maintain the revision level in q info record and it is still working even though materials is manage by revision level and PO is created with revision level.

Yes I am in ECC6.

I have maintained Q Info Record without revision.It is still applicable to all the revisions in PO.

This only happens if you have not created any info record for vendor material combination on rev basis

that means if you have created Qinfo for A & then Create for balnk rev then it will not work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I did not work for, I think I need to write to OSS on this, do you have any documentation showing this, I cannot find any onlike help on this...

it does not work for me strange..need to re test tomorrow..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I tested but still cannot get the Q info record work once I have the revision level in material master