cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving 40% of ECC DB u2013 (SIS tables) u2013 functionality moved to BI

0 Kudos

We are going to archive/delete approximately 50% or 1.6TB of SIS data from our production ECC database.

We are new to running SAP on SQL Server 2005 and need to know if there are any tasks like reorgs that should go along with removing this amount of data from the DB. I am concerned that performance can be affected. I understand that during the removal of the data we need to watch our Tlogs.

The data will be removed from SIS tables and most of them will be completely cleared but some of them may still be in use.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Diane Szmurlo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ken_halvorsen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Be careful when Archiving and Don't delete the archive files. Some transactions still look for entries in the archived data.

At one clients site there was a serious performance problem after archiving some data. Some config was changed on some FI transactions that looked for field entries that were not there before the archiving. Needless to say, they had to trace the problem down and rewrite the config.

Always Test, Test, Test before going to production.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'd be tempted to do an online index rebuild for the affected tables. That will recover space and update the table statistics.

Regards,

Michael