cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use CHARM for non-SAP systems/applications?

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

We want to implement CHARM, but our concern is that we won't be able to open Change Requests for other non-SAP systems/applications. Has anyone out there been able to integrate CHARM for non-SAP systems?

I know TMS won't work on non-SAP systems, but can we still use CHARM to open a Change Request to track non-SAP requests???

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response. This really helps.

But when you create your SDAD you have to assign a system to it right? Do I need to create non-sap systems/applications in SMSY? and create a I-Base # for them?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I always recommend documenting your non-SAP systems in SMSY. It is very easy to create new products in SMSY (ex: Z_VERTEX or Z_MANUAL), and from there logical components as well. You can also create the systems as installed base components in transaction IB52. Using these for ChaRM will enable you to report on changes by system - should make your auditors happy.

0 Kudos

Hello Lori

I cannot find a documentation about necessary settings in LMDB in Release 7.1 (SP12) to create non-SAP systems and logical components.

Our problem is that the non-SAP logical components are checked regarding RFC connections in SOLAR_PROJECT_ADMIN. As they are not there, the lights are red and no changes can be created.

There must be a setting somewhere to disable this RFC check. We can not find it.

Torsten

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

In the future you may be able to use CTS+ for non SAP system objects (including Business Objects - apparantly available Q2/3 this year).

Currently it is available for J2EE and MDM.

Rev-Trac, a ChaRM alternative, can manage non SAP objects using its xDeploy add-on. (by the way, I do work with the Vendor)

More info available at http://ecohub.sdn.sap.com/irj/ecohub/solutions/revtrac

Regards, Rick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I juste have a simple question : have you more information about CTS+ for BusinessObjects (or any documentation which tells more) ?

I'm implementing ChaRM on BusinessObjects and it would be very useful !

Thanks in advance,

Matthieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Matthieu,

DO have configured CTS+for Business objects.

can you share information regarding CHARM on business objects configuration.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

stephane_lamarche
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can definitely use it for non-SAP systems. I recommend using the Administrative message SDAD, or a customized version of it. This will give you the approvals and documentation possibility, without the link to transports. (You would also use this for SAP changes that cannot be transported but still require approvals, like changes to system parameters.)

Just one caveat, you may want to verify that this is still covered under your license agreement. Service Desk incurs a CRM-like license fee when used to support non-SAP systems, and I'm not sure if this would be the same case for ChaRM functionality since it is CRM-based.

Hope this helps!

Lori