cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore empty Payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a Proxy-PI-SOAP scenario. There are situations when proxy generates messages with no payload. In that situation, it throws an error in PI (RWB -> Message Monitoring -> AE) as there is no node getting generated.

I can apply the rule in Proxy code not to send the message to PI in case there is no payload, but business won't allow that.

So, I have to handle this in PI.

I can't use the dummy receiver, as it will again throw an error in case it is unable to find the receiver (I can't create a dummy receiver on the Prod box as per my Client).

I would like to know what other option I am left with? I don't want to encounter any errors in the MONI or elsewhere. How I can "stop" the processing of those messages which are having empty payload?

Just to add - I am using XSLT mapping.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

--Abhi

Edited by: Abhi_1516 on Jan 4, 2010 7:34 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

You can use the "Ignore" option in the Receiver Determination. Put a condition for the root node existence, if found send the message to the desired target else use the option "If no receiver is found" and check the radio button "Ignore".

Just to let you know that with Ignore option, the messages will still show successful in RWB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Neetesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetesh,

Thanks for your reply. This is what I was looking for.

Issue resolved as per Neetesh's advice, closing the thread.

Thanks everyone.

-- Abhi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunil_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

In that case you can use BPM :-).

the other option is you can make a check in the Interface determination if the payload exists pass it to correct receiver else to some other receiver.

Thanks,

Sunil Singh