Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LDAP connector not working when using the ldap_rfc.cfg file

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have ldap working fine with less then 1000 hits. I need to pull many more then 1000 so I have created the ldap_rfc.cfg file with the pagesize = 200 in it. I have placed the file in the .../work directory. Once I do that, I get the following error in SAP, even if I am just trying to pull one entry from the LDAP server.

RFC error: /CPIC-CALL: u2018ThSAPECMINTu2019: cmRc=2 thRc=679 Tra

Message no. LDAP032

Has anyone seen this issue before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Skip Ford

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does the "test connection" in SM59 still work?

If yes, then the problem is in one of the LDAP connector functions.

If no, then it is most likely a SAP function (or a copy of one...).

Does ST11 or ST22 give you any more usefull information in a dump (e.g. which function is being called in the program)?

Also try a gateway trace (transaction SMGW -> Expert Functions) Choose the GW trace in the security menu - NOT the "Trace Level Up / Down" functions, as this is the developer trace!

LDAP032 looks to me like an "other error" returned from the external program not registering at the gateway... so you will only find the reason in that program's documentation and not within the ABAP application.

The function list shows the following:

LDAPRFC_LASTERR

documentation not availabale

LDAPRFC_DELETE

LDAPRFC_ADD

LDAPRFC_MODIFY

LDAPRFC_RENAME

LDAPRFC_COMPARE

LDAPRFC_SEARCH

LDAPRFC_OPTIONS

LDAPRFC_UNBIND

LDAPRFC_BIND

So if you cannot find a SAP Note or infos in the config guide, then I guess your only option is to open an customer message via https://service.sap.com

(Tip: first check the config guide to make sure your config file is infact correct)

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jan 4, 2010 7:38 PM