cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refresh Queue Configuration on Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mobile Experts,

Does anyone know how to configure mobile 7.1, so when you create a device, the refresh queue configuation automatically is set to Synchronously.

thank Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

Regarding setting up of Mobile 7.1:

You can visit the following thread link for a detailed clarification of various concepts :

[]

Regarding Refresh Queue configuration, i am providing here a basic information:

"On the Netweaver Administration portal: under the Device Management view of the logical device , and to the right side there is the link:

Configure Refresh Queue

Under our business scenario and DOE configuration, we need to change it to from Don't Refresh Queue to Synchronously.

If left on Don't Refresh Queue, the outbound queue will not populate automatically upon sync or you will need to Trigger Extract each time you want data to go to outbound queue."

I hope this would help you to proceed, else you can always ask for any clarification.

Thanks & Regards

Shweta Soni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I know the concepts and how to set it manually through the administration portal. The key issue is that I want to set it default to Synchronously instead of don't refresh queue. So when I create 500+ devices I don't have do the configuration for each device

Thanks

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

You can use "Device Profile" feature of Mobile 7.1 to achieve this functionality. You just need to set the desired configuration once for a Device Profile. then whenever the devices are associated with that device profile, the corresponding configuration will be replicated to the devices.

In your case, you can assign this device profile to 500+ devices and this setting will be applied to all of them at one go.

Cheers,

Ramanath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramanath,

Thanks for your answer.

Are you on EHP 1? because I don't seem to have this option in the device profile administration (currently 7.1 SP08)

Thanks Thomas

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Whatever the functionality Ramnath was describing was implemented in EHP1 of SAP Netweaver Mobile 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help

Poiints rewarded

Cheers Thomas

0 Kudos

Hello Ramanath,

i checked the solution you described in our system which is NWM 7.1 EHP 1 SP03. I created a device profile of type FRAMEWORK and tried to add the "Refresh Queue Configuration"... The Tab for this setting is there but i am not able to add any entries there. What is the reason for that and how can this be achieved?

In our scenario we have a custom client solution and no MCD available for deployment.

Thank you for you help,

Robert Schuchardt.

sivasatyaprasad_yerra
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

The setting of "Configure Refresh Queue" can be done only to those data objects which are participating in a MCD assigned to that device profile.

As you have created a device profile of "FRAMEWORK", there will not be any MCD assigned to this profile and hence no data objects are displayed.

Kindly create an MCD of type APPLICATION and assign the necessary MCD for your application. Then you will be able to see all the data objects participating in that MCD and after that you can set the required configuration for extract.

~ Cheers,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

If you are creating devices through receiver generation, you can add a custom service to the flow definition that sets the required queue configuration for the device

cheers

Thomas

Answers (0)