SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POS DM processing of POS transactions, based on cashiers, not workstations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We are implementing SAP Retail (ERP 6.0 EHP4 stack 3), SAP PI (Netweaver PI 7.1 SP 😎 and SAP BW (NetWeaver 7.0 ehp1 stack 4, incl BI content 704, SP 3 ) for a client. Their POS system is a 3rd party system, i.e. not SAP POS.

This issue concerns POS DM processing of POS transactions. They are numbered for each POS-desk, but the daily cashier settlement is done for each cashier, not for each POS desk/workstation.

My client operates their stores using several cashiers, i.e. operators. Some cashiers may only work parttime, or even switch workstations during the day. Each cashier bring their own drawer to each workstation, and takes the cash drawer with them when leaving the workstation after work.

The daily settlement is done by each cashier on their OWN cash drawer.

However, the POS transactions gets their sequence numbers from each POS workstation.

It seems standard POS DM is focused on checks and aggregation based on each workstation, not each cashier.

Questions:

i) Will it be possible to run standard aggregation and checks based on cashier, instead of workstation?

ii) Do we need to use the cashierID, and populate cashierID value into field: WorkstationID, in order to use standard aggregation and checks in POS DM?

iii) Will it still be possible to run a check for missing POS transactions? (Maybe not if we use WorkstationID with cashierID as value?)

Thanks for any advice !

Best regards,

Oeystein Emhjellen

1 REPLY 1

stefan_scheppat
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Oeystein,

as you have already identified the issue is that for some bits and pieces you need the POS Approach (E.g. Numbering) and for some you need to use the Drawer approach (equal to cashier). As both pieces of information are available in the interface I'd have a look at the efforts related with each change.

Of course if your cashier is equal to the drawer you could use this as the Workstation ... the only problem would then be the numbering ... so you'll have to store the Workstation somewhere else and adopt the Sequencing check delivered wit the pre-condition badi.

The other way around you could of course use the standard sequencing and adopt the balancing as well as the aggregation which would be more effort and more complex as far as I can see it.

Kind regards,

Stefan