cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum number of connected satellites/landscapes/solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Gurus,

I'd like to know if SAP has a maximum of possible connected satellites systems, landscapes and solutions that can exist on a single Solution Manager.

I'd like to make sure, I'm facing a new installation of SSM for a customer with approx. 50 - 60 (3-system) landscapes.

And I want to make sure that only 1 SSM landscape (either 2, D-P, or 3, D-A-P, systems) is sufficient.

Also I'd like to know what limitation Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager has.

I remember that Wily EM has a limitation, I just forgot the number......

Any help will be highly appreciated.

(I prefer to read proof in the form of SAP documentation, but if you don't have any, no problem)

Regards,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David

There is probably no limit to the number of systems you can have in the SMSY landscape list

However there will be performance limitations as to how many systems can be included in each scenario

or indeed across all scenarios.

I am only aware of one such performance issue which is that if you include more than 50 instances

in Real Time monitoring you may start to see performance detoriation

As with any system the more information gathered or required to be built at runtime/display the longer the

performance wait time

Although not strictly recommended it may be technically possible to have 2 Solution Managers in the landscape

- however please avoid connecting satellite systems to more than 1 Solution Manager or syncing data between Solution Manager

systems (I am not aware of any options to do this)

Hope this helps

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your thoughts!

Like I suspected, but always nice to get a confirmation on your own assumptions.

Answers (0)