SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sap sd and sap isu integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please answer the following with examples.

1) how sap sd module is integrated with sap isu.

2) what are the different sap sd processes in ISU.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

You have to create a seperrate SD contract and integrate with that of ISU contract.

Thanks and regards'

S Das

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Shabnum:

It is not required to have an SD contract. That is just one mechanism of generating an SD billing document which can then feed ISU.

The usage of the Sales and Distribution module within the Utility solution is typically required to model billing for products and services which are not regular, not enabled by a recurring ISU service, and typically require management of inventory. It might also be used to bill for services/products resulting from a service management service order. If the charges are recurring or do not require inventory management, then likely it can be modelled solely within FICA using available transactions.

For example, sale of a surge protector where the utility needs to plan for inventory and to deliver a physical product. Or to bill an individual for damage of a pole in a car accident. Or to bill for the parts and labor incurred during a service call and contained in the service order. Sale of a product which is not managed in inventory, i.e. carbon credits, might be done with FICA manual posting.

The integration is managed mostly at the business partner (which is aligned one-to-one with the SD customer) and within FICA, where the posting of the charges billed in SD will post to the subledger, as opposed to using the FIAR subledger. See also threads and for more information.

regards,

bill.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SD doesn't change so much in ISU. I can summarise the main differences with SD standard (whitout ISU):

- customer master data: the customer has to be create also as a Business PArtner (BP) + Contract Account (CA) in ISU (flag in customizing for the Account group)

- when you create a sale order and the sold-to-party is also a BP, a new field (CA) is opened in the header of the document)

- when you create an invoice in SD you can chose to send it directly in FI-CA or create a request towards invoicing step in ISU in order to include your invoice in the next invoicing step.

there are few differences in customizing refered to the integration with FICA and SD.

If you need, ask me

bye

0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Based on your reply, I have made the changes, but still am getting some config error, when I was creating Billing docu from sales order, it's saying that "billing document were not generated", Could you please elaborate your config part, so that I can easily do the necessary changes.

Thanks in advance, will revert you with high points.

Hi,

SD doesn't change so much in ISU. I can summarise the main differences with SD standard (whitout ISU):

- customer master data: the customer has to be create also as a Business PArtner (BP) + Contract Account (CA) in ISU (flag in customizing for the Account group)

- when you create a sale order and the sold-to-party is also a BP, a new field (CA) is opened in the header of the document)

- when you create an invoice in SD you can chose to send it directly in FI-CA or create a request towards invoicing step in ISU in order to include your invoice in the next invoicing step.

there are few differences in customizing refered to the integration with FICA and SD.

If you need, ask me

0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

Based on your reply, I have made the changes, but still am getting some config error, when I was creating Billing docu from sales order, it's saying that "billing document were not generated", Could you please elaborate your config part, so that I can easily do the necessary changes.

Hi,

If you need, ask me

0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

0 Kudos

Hi Elena,