cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block planning and rescheduling with several strategies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have the following situation. I am doing block planning on one resource. After infinitely planned, orders (with one operation/one resource) are created in the corresponding blocks. By adjusting the blocks, starting and end dates shift and orders might be left out of the blocks so rescheduling is needed.

Here the problem startsu2026 when rescheduling the resource, with strategy backwards and reverse, the system checks if all orders can be backwards scheduled and if not, all orders are then forward scheduled. Looking at some sap notes, I found a very old sapnote_0000511084 that explain the theory of u201Call or nothingu201D. I am currently working on SAP SCM 5.10.

I was expecting that the system deal order by order, meaning sometimes backwards is the best option and others forwards.

So, I just wonder if this is standard behavior or is it something I am doing wrong?

Thanks,

LEV

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Rescheduling the resource definitely impact all the orders belongs to that resource irrespective of block, it could be better of rescheduling the block relevant orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your comment. The problem comes when a block is changed, therefore all blocks are moved (as wanted respecting the changes), causing this that almost all orders are left out. Selecting orders belonging to a block is not possible. Too many orders too many blocks (horizon of five months to one year +- 10 blocks per months +- 20 orders per block)

The only solution so far is that every time a block is changed, a re-planning run is executed but this is really awful

It has to be something that can happen order by order but selecting all order at once like selecting the resource (which does work as wanted, as explained previously).

Again thanks for your quick response.

Cheers

LEV

Answers (0)