cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart From 2D Barcode(PDF417)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When i tried to scan, which is printed directly after executing the Program, I cannot SCAN. If i save the output in my local system as PDF file, then i scan the printed barcode, i can scan it.

So whats the problem, what i need to do to scan directly after executing.

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Abhijit74
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. Check this [thread |;

2. Check this [wiki|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/SapscriptBarcodePrinting]

Thanks & Regards,

Abhijit

Former Member

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue solved. Bcoz of the barcode size(height & width) & also we need to setup proper printer device in SPAD T-code.

Thanks & Regards

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I found your issue kind of similiar to me. Can you please let me know what you did in spad.

I am using HP laserjet p1007 printer.

I am generating Pdf417 . with all default settings. I only changed the security level to 2.

Thanks & Regards.

PS : High Priority issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We too have an similar requirement, so we have created an PDF417 Barcode in SE73 but not able to scan the printout of barcode.

Do we need to use any specific Output Device Settings.

Please help to clarify.

Thanks !

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see any difference in the PDF417 barcode between the 2 printouts?

Generally, the scanner can't read because its precision is not sufficient, the barcode needs to be enlarged.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra Rossi,

Both are different, while printing directly is different from preview and as well as printed after saving to local drive.

whether i need to add any SAP notes or i need to change it in printer config.

Currently i am using HP laser jet 5si.

Thanks in advance.

Arun

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you use new barcode technology (this is probably the case as old techno wouldn't be converted into PDF if I remember well), I don't understand why the PDF would be different, as the barcode is simply an image that is converted unchanged into the PDF!

Are you really sure you took the right printout, or the right PDF, or the right barcode?

If you are sure, then I recommend you to look for SAP notes, then contact SAP support.