SF1 -

> TF1

SF2 -

> TF2

SF3 -

> TF3

SF190 -

> TF190

Above pic is the Mapping Rules for my scenario. Also my business say that if ONE OF MY SOURCE FIELD is EMPTY I need to skip the complete mapping for that record?

How can I achieve that?

(Note : We have around 190 fields in our source. )

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

You can use the EXISTS function.

Just check this link on the same,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/db/83f7b88528424c9113b15d5e0fb516/content.htm

Regards,

bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bhavesh, Exists is not a solution for sure.

I am talking about all the 190 fields and not one field alone. Let us say that the 190th field is empty, how am I going to write my exist function? are you asking me to write Exists function for each and every field? Also when I mapping the first field, I need to check the remaining 189 fields, do you think thats the right way to do it?

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

I got a little confused with your requirement.

I had assumed that all these 190 fields would be coming under a particular Segment , and that only the existence of the segment needs to be checked for. Guess thats not the case.

One solution : Java Mapping.

Am not sure, if you can do this with graphical mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Requirement is very straight forward.

There are 190 Fields in the Source RECORD

In any of the RECORD, EVEN ONE field is EMPTY then that particular record should NOT BE PROCESSED. (Need to be considered as an Error Record)

If this is not possible in Message Mapping, whats the approach I need to perform in Java Mapping? I am not a Java guy? Do you have a step by step process to accomplish the above task.

Thanks Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rohini,

i understand your requirement. If even a single field in the 190 fields is empty, then none of the field / the entire record should not be sent to the target

ASFAIK, there is no simple way and direct way to do it using Graphical Mapping.Lets wait for a confirmation from other XI experts before concluding on Java Mapping.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh. Today I am leaving work little early, so I will not be available for another few hours in the forum,to give a response for this thread.

Have a nice day Bhavesh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

it also depends how you want the system to react, if one of the fields is missing. You say, this would be considered an error. The simplest solution would be, simply to do the mapping for each of your target fields.

As long as all of your target fields are defined as mandatory fields, the complete mapping will fail with an error if one of the target fields cannot be mapped (i.e. source field is empty).

So as long as you are okay with a mapping error you don't need to do anything special.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Claus I understand your point, but thats not the solution I am looking for.

If one of the source field is missing in a record, it has to be branded as error record and needs to move further with the next record.

As per your logic, if there is an empty field the whole message mapping will fail, we are not looking for this way.

any other suggestions XI Gurusssss. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Take a look at this Case Study on validations...

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/99593f86-0601-0010-059d-d2d...

Regards

Anand