cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS implementation details

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Techies,

One of my client want to implement TDMS in their landscape. Database size is around 2TB and they have 3 systems Dev,QAs and Pro.

1) Is it to be implemented(New addon installation) in all 3 systems?

2)As per install guide 20 GB freesapce required, is it applicable for 3 systems?

3)What about the license cost?(we are on SAP 4.7EE SP1)

4)Can we have the option full QAS refresh(If any time) after implemnting TDMS?

5) If iam copying data from source to target(after implementation) is there any downtime required?

Thanks in advance

Nick Loy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

> 1) Is it to be implemented(New addon installation) in all 3 systems?

Yes

> 2)As per install guide 20 GB freesapce required, is it applicable for 3 systems?

Free space required is depend upon on what scenario you are taking data from sender system and according to that you need data.

> 3)What about the license cost?(we are on SAP 4.7EE SP1)

You need to talk to your manager for this.

> 4)Can we have the option full QAS refresh(If any time) after implemnting TDMS?

Yes. But if you want to do full system refresh then I will suggest you to do system copy.

> 5) If iam copying data from source to target(after implementation) is there any downtime required?

Yes, if you want to get consistent data in receiver system. To avoid down time you can use snap shot of your sender system or copy of your sender system.

Please go through Master Guide and Operation Guide for TDMS for best understanding.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where do I find Implementation guide.

Thankls

sahmad