Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting Password to AD User

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Iam working on SAP NWIDM 7.1.

Iam facing issue while setting Password to AD user from IC.

I created one Job thro' RUN JOB Wizard -> Create User in AD to provision users to AD.

Iam trying to set password in the same job which iam using to provision users Create User in AD - by giving Password using the AD parameter userPassword

ex: userPassword -- password@123

Still iam unable to set password for that user.

And one more important thing is my IC system is in the same domain where AD is.

Could experts give me any suggestion on this?

Thanking you inadvance.

Mounika

Edited by: JaguMounika on Jan 4, 2010 8:34 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to experts for helping me in solving my problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I think the password in AD can only be set with VB, while the CreateADUser-Job uses Java-Runtime.

Additionally the IC should be in the same domain and/or should use a secure connection.

In IC you have the opportunity to use another job-template for setting the AD password. Look at New -> Action Task -> Wizard -> IC -> Jobs -> ActiveDirectory -> "Windows-Set Active Directory password".

This job uses the Windows-RT and MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD.

Hope I could help.

BR

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank you.

But I have some doubts here.

Does sap nw idm 7.1 support Windows Runtime Engine and VB Scripts?

and Does it support both Runtime engines(Windows and JAVA) simultaneously?

Because I tried it once but failed.I created one Dispatcher for that particular job-Job for setting password (and with windows runtime engine).But I couldn't have succeeded in that.

Could you please guide me further (I mean, Do I need to takecare of any other)?

Can I get any in detailed document on this?

Thanks,

Mounika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, IdM 7.1 supports both although it's "deprecated" and SAP recommends to use Java-RT whenever possible. You don't need an additional dispatcher for Windows-RT.

I used this job once in IdM 7.0 but not with the 7.1-release, so I can't guide you further, sorry.

But I can give you another hint: Take a look at the job SetPasswordOnActiveDirectory-Windows in the SAP Provisioning framework. I know this one works as-is since I can create users in AD with the standard SAP-PF, so I suppose you copy that and maybe change it according to your needs.

Hope it'll work

BR

Michael

Edit:

read this:

Edited by: Michael on Jan 5, 2010 12:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

As suggested,I tried by using the job *SetPasswordOnActiveDirectory-Windows * in the SAP Provisioning Framework.But when iam trying to execute this job the Job itself is not being triggered.I think the problem is with the Runtime Engine.

Do I need to have anything specific for Windows Runtime Engine ? (I just ran setupwin32.exe from ICRUNTIME installables to install ICRUNTIME.Is it enough for both JAVA and WINDOWS runtime engines or is it specific for JAVA only?).

On the otherhand,I did rewrite the scripts in that SET Password Job(PassOpen,PassNext,PassClose) in JScripts,then i executed the same job by JAVA Runtime Engine,but iam getting 2 Error.And the Error are

*1.ToGeneric.addEntry

undefined: cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=essidm,dc=com - {PWD=pass@123, LGName=cn=administrator,cn=users,dc=essidm,dc=com, SRV=*******, ADMPWD=*****} is not a function.

(I have pass@123 in MX_ENCRYPTED_PASSWORD)

2.putNextEntry failed storing*

Could you please help me in successfully executing this Job?

Thank you,

Mounika

Edited by: JaguMounika on Jan 6, 2010 5:07 AM

Edited by: JaguMounika on Jan 6, 2010 5:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm quite sure you don't need to install anything else for the Windows-RT. I think you need vbruntime but and vcredist and so on but this is standard windows stuff.

By the way - is your dispatcher running in a Windows environment?

Do you run the job "standalone" or as "Test task" or how do you run it?

The scripts in SAP PF/SetPasswordOnActiveDirectory-Windows are using VB-specific objects & methods (as I remember... I currently don't have an IdM in front of me) which you won't be able to access through JScript. So I think you will never be able to set the password using JScript & Java-RT. Corrections appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

My Problem has been resolved.

Thank you so much.

My Problem was I tried by rewritting the VBScripts in JScript.And used JAVA Runtime Engine.

Then,I follwed the document for Active Directory in Tutorials.But when I used the job from RunWizard->Jobs->Active Directory->Set Password,it failed.

I tried by using Job from SAP Provisioning FrameWork->Set Password To AD User Windows-VB.

It is working fine,now.

ThankYou,

Mounika